old topic rehashed?? under bed storage ?? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #29

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Having a flat floor (no step as in Joy's trailer) made my solution very simple. I suspect that having the step would require fabricating some type of drawer slides to support the drawer when extended or simply providing a support as Joy has done. Either way, it's a good use of space.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #30

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
Having a flat floor (no step as in Joy's trailer) made my solution very simple. I suspect that having the step would require fabricating some type of drawer slides to support the drawer when extended or simply providing a support as Joy has done. Either way, it's a good use of space.
love your solution to the space !! great woodworking skills
my problem was the step Joy has the idea I could not come up with on my own

Old 12-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #31

Name: kevin
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Colorado
My solution to underbed storage

I built in a large drawer. I used the ball bearing sliders from Home Despot. They have nice feel, but are kind of heavy.... This drawer finished up the wood I had left over from the shelves, cabinet fronts, and front dinette I built. I ended up having to use some of the pine from the bunk bed for the sides. Kind of mish mash of wood on the inside, but it looks great closed.
Attached Thumbnails
photo1.jpg   photo.jpg  

Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #32

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Nice work Kevin.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #33

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
Ontario
Nice!! that kinda, sorta what I want to do ! I'm going to take all the neat ideas and cobble together my ideal solution (I hope)!!!
one of my sons in law will be available to help he has the tools & the know how!!--I may have to hold him back when he gets started he goes off on a tangent!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #34

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We have done two underbed drawer versions in various trailers, a single drawer and a double drawer.The single drawer takes better advantage of the space; a double drawer is lighter. I prefer the double drawer but they are both excellent organizational solutions. In both cases we used plastic bins in the drawers.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #35

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I just made a 3/4 table template that is hinged for easy portability and to make storage easier when removed, I don't have pics right now but I never used the table anyways. My main reason for the wood was so that I had a more rigid surface for the bed, the fiberglass table top was just not sturdy enough for my liking even after I made a short support leg. With the support leg, I lost the use of all that space under the bed. I now have that full area for storage.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #36

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Jsoie and I have been looking for storage boxes for under the bed/table for some time now. We were ready to buy 4 - 8 gal. Action Packers at almost $19.00 apiece. The Action Packers would fill the space up pretty well and allowed for the table leg to remain. Since we leave the table down all the time the leg could come off and stowed for the next owner. So we ended up at Lowe's and while we were looking at the action packers we came across these 10 gal. containers for less than $5.00 apiece, so we came home with 4 of them. They fill up the space well and still leave a little room in the middle for some longer additional storage. In one of the photos you can see Josie’s step/shoe rack having shorter legs she needed a step to get into the bed also it handles several pairs of her shoes. There never seems to be enough shoe storage for her.
Attached Thumbnails
Step shoe.jpg   action and incredible.jpg  

incredible.jpg   storage top view.jpg  

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote