Our 1975 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Registry
Our 1975 Boler

After countless hours of sanding, puttying and painting - WE'RE DONE!! ...mostly...there are still some things to put back together and touch-up, but we camped last night in our newly painted Boler.

Painted with Interlux Brightside - Grand Banks Beige. Still need to finish painting frame, swear at lockstrips on front and rear windows some more, get new Boler decals, install city water/drain ports, come up with rock guard idea, install battery/propane 'tray', and get a new axle! Our daughter loved playing in it and re-arranging the pillows and looking in the cabinets!
Evan Friesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
SWEET! A trailer to be proud of.

Sure you have things you still want to do... but, you're using it and making memories. Good for you
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Registry
That looks great.
Randy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #4

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
It is beautiful. What the heck will you do with your time when those last jobs are done?
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #5

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Jalhousie window repair

I was creeping your profile page and read that you repaired a jalhousie window? Was it difficult? I only ask because I need to fix my back one in my Trillium and the previous owner basically glued it shut with some kind of goop. I'm pretty nervous about taking it apart and then not being able to fix it. Your little egg looks marvelous!
lhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue and henry View Post
it is beautiful. What the heck will you do with your time when those last jobs are done?
camp! :d
Old 05-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanna View Post
I was creeping your profile page and read that you repaired a jalhousie window? Was it difficult? I only ask because I need to fix my back one in my Trillium and the previous owner basically glued it shut with some kind of goop. I'm pretty nervous about taking it apart and then not being able to fix it. Your little egg looks marvelous!
I was nervous about repairing my window too. Without knowing why the PO glued it shut it's hard to know what to suggest.

I tried to track down what the exact problem was before I took it apart and came up with a solution. In my case a little aluminum stud that holds the window in place (and that it pivots on) had broken off. I just drilled a hole where that stud was and put a rivet in through the frame for the window to pivot. It works like a charm. I didn't completely dis-assemble them, but there are people who have and have posted about it. I did remove the windows from the trailer and replaced silicon caulk (a.k.a. Goop!) with butyl tape from an RV store (which stopped 6 separate leaks on 2 windows). On a difficulty scale, this was not nearly as hard or intimidating as it looked at first. You'll become handy with a rivet gun if you're not already!

I still need to replace some rubber trim on the windows (will get from vintagetrailers.com). I'm guessing your Trillium's PO didn't like water coming into the trailer and decided to aggressively stop any chance of leaking!

There are quite a number of posts that I perused on this site about jalousie's. Do some searching on this site. Many people have gone before you, and will help diagnose the problem and come up with solutions! Parts seem to be available, and these jalousies can't be beat for their 'open-ness' and retro-appeal.

Good luck and happy camping!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
SWEET! A trailer to be proud of.

Sure you have things you still want to do... but, you're using it and making memories. Good for you
Thanks Donna!

When we first got our trailer, I think we wanted to start with the outside work, but I saw a post around here where you encouraged someone to start by making the trailer 'camp-able' and use it, then worry about the aesthetics. It was a very good piece of advice that we took! Thanks!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #9

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Outstanding paint job! It looks great.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler