Our 1990 16ft scamp remodel project .. pics - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #29

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
California
Kevin you are doing an amazing job. It is fantastic. Did you make hard copies of your pictures? When you start to camp you will find people who are into renovating and you can show off your progress. We have a vintage renovated stick and people stop us all the time with questions.
Have a wonderful time on your first outting. AWWWWW the fall foliage of Kentucky.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #30

Name: kevin
Trailer: 1990 scamp 16ft
Kentucky
We had our first weekend scamp trip to Red River Gorge in our 1990 scamp. We boondocked at one of our favorite spots.. Needless to say, the scamp performed flawlessly.. It is so much better than sleeping in a tent, or in the back of our toyota fj. We pulled up,, and were ready to enjoy ourselves. Non of the hassle of setting up tents or pop ups... The best part was our 6 month old boy had a awesome first camping trip. He smiled all weekend. He stayed snug and warm with the help of the furnace (temperatures were down to 37F degrees Saturday). We set the thermostat on 65, and it ran all night. The new battery read 12.45 volts in the morning. Interesting???

So now it is time to start finishing up the woodworking projects on the scamp. I will post pictures soon,, of the trip, and the progress. Thanks for the kind words, and for reading.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #31

Name: Anita
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Colorado
Such a fantastic job! I have not started on mine too many irons in the fire. Snow is coming here early so depending may cover and wait until Spring. I will have to get most of the things done at Rv dealer and I will have to go to NM as Durango is a bit pricey. Also have to have eye surgery soon..soooo have to have patience..
Old 12-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #32

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
Looks awesome!

First, I just have to repeat all of the compliments others have posted -- your Scamp looks GREAT! We bought ours years ago and have talked about doing a lot of updates but have yet to do much of anything. As a matter of fact, we're in an '89 16 footer with driver's side bathroom; it looks exactly like yours! And another thing we have in common is that my husband has wanted to refloor it since before we bought it! Anyways, with a recent renewal in my wanderlust, I'm looking for help with projects I'd like to do this year; any tips you can give me about the following would be great. Happy Scamping and can I say I'm jealous of your son? I wish my parents had taught me the comforts of RVing!

1. Flooring: I really want to do this right and take things out. I've seen others take out the dinette but I haven't seen any instructions. We're not very handy so please dumb it down if you can.

2. Back cupboards: similar to the flooring issue, is it hard to take those out? I've seen it done but don't know how -- tips?

3. Cupboard doors: again, I've seen people paint their cupboards but I'm curious how well it works. Can you tell me how you prepped and primed them? Also, what kind of paint did you use? I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I like to get as much info before I set the man loose!

Can't help but say again -- your Scamp looks wonderful and is going to keep me inspired! Does it have a name?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #33

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 1981 Trailer
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Rosemary View Post
First, I just have to repeat all of the compliments others have posted -- your Scamp looks GREAT! We bought ours years ago and have talked about doing a lot of updates but have yet to do much of anything. As a matter of fact, we're in an '89 16 footer with driver's side bathroom; it looks exactly like yours! And another thing we have in common is that my husband has wanted to refloor it since before we bought it! Anyways, with a recent renewal in my wanderlust, I'm looking for help with projects I'd like to do this year; any tips you can give me about the following would be great. Happy Scamping and can I say I'm jealous of your son? I wish my parents had taught me the comforts of RVing!

1. Flooring: I really want to do this right and take things out. I've seen others take out the dinette but I haven't seen any instructions. We're not very handy so please dumb it down if you can.

2. Back cupboards: similar to the flooring issue, is it hard to take those out? I've seen it done but don't know how -- tips?

3. Cupboard doors: again, I've seen people paint their cupboards but I'm curious how well it works. Can you tell me how you prepped and primed them? Also, what kind of paint did you use? I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I like to get as much info before I set the man loose!

Can't help but say again -- your Scamp looks wonderful and is going to keep me inspired! Does it have a name?
In regards to your cupboards, what I am planning to do as well as the walls when the weather warms up, is to apply three coats of Bulleye 123 primer and then apply three coats of high performance interior/exterior latex acrylic paint.
jimmied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #34

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
Thanks for the tip, Jimmied. We have the famous rat fur walls so I don't have to worry about that. It's easy enough to do multiple layers of primer if that's what it takes. If we do that, I'll probably have to figuree out how to take down the back cabinets, though, so I don't get paint on the lovely rat fur. Let me know how yours turn out -- I'd love go see the results.

Tags
scamp