Our 75 Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Interior is done for now, had our first camping trip this week on our new cushions with new curtains and paint job etc.

Check out the link below in my signature for updated pics! So excited to be using the Boler finally
Nice and bright! Looks like you did a lot of work and now it's time to start making those memories. Saw the one camping photo... GREAT!

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #16
Name: Shelley
Trailer: '73 Boler
Vanderhoof, BC
Great job! I'm currently embarking on a reno of my '73 Boler and facing many of the same issues you have dealt with. May I ask where you got your new side windows and approx. how much there were? I'd like to replace ours, but hubby thinks we should leave the originals. My only complaint about the originals is that they don't have that sexy roundness to them that the whole Boler should have!

shelley w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #17
Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
One note/question on making new cushions: I'm not a professional, but I believe that typically the cushion covers are made to the proper size and "stuffed" slightly with the foam pieces. That is, the foam pieces are slightly oversized so that the covers will be nice and tight.

So I'm thinking that if one is tracing old foam pieces, they're good to go; but if using the cushion covers for patterns, you'd want to add a bit of size to the foam

Do I have this correct?

More or less. When I made my covers, I traced the shape to be 3/4" extra on all sides of the cushion foam, so that it can be hemmed ove by 3/8" I made the gussets so that they were about 1/4" inch narrower than the foam thickness when stitched onto the top and bottom, and the covers have to be stuffed. I used heavy YKK zipper stock buried in the gussets. After a few days the covers had assumed the shape of the foam perfectly.

Be sure to make all the straight sides as straight as possible when hemming.

Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote