The OC-100 is made by Parts Master. It's waaayyyy better than goo gone. I could see the adhesive bubble about 30 seconds after spraying it.
The flooring is Shaw. I'll keep you posted on how it holds up. I'm not super confident it's going to last the wear and tear of 2 humans and 3 dogs... That's a lotta feet walking over it. I really appreciate the heads up and solution to the vinyl peeling up on the edges! I can be prepared to attack any wear now.
First thing this morning, I pulled down the nasty headliner carpet. Ugh! Dirty job that was. I got covered in a rust colored dust. I did give us a good view of the dip in our ceiling and thanks to some good ideas from some friends on the U-Haul
Facebook page, we think we'll be able to pop that back up, stabilize , reinforce, and then cover back up with carpet. I sanded a lot of the excess orange glue from the edges of the carpet, so it would be clean looking when we get that reinstalled.
Meanwhile, some serious sanding went on outside. So much sanding happened on the outside, I kinda felt like I was rocking on a boat while working inside. The PO waxed the outside, painted the window wells (poorly), then clear coated everything except the roof. I've been back and forth on painting
it, but now that we've had to sand everything, we might as well. Planning a black, silver and white roof scheme. We still have the roof to sand, but planning a Fantastic Fan install and the roof indentation fix, and figured we'd only climb up there once.
I attempted to put vinyl molding around the upper cabinets today and failed miserably. I was using 90 degree angled so that the inside edges of the cabinets would be finished better, but I'm giving up that dream. We'll just use flat vinyl molding...I may be better at mitering that! I took a couple of before pics of this, but it'll be a couple weeks before I can post finished. I'm leaving my husband to work on the camper, while I go to Mexico to drink on the beach with my coworkers. I also took some before pictures of the gold hinges, which I swapped out for oiled bronze today. All the cabinets are down, while we work on the trim, so again after pictures will come later.
What have any of you done with your closet? Mine is way deeper (like down towards the floor) than the door opening and I'm not sure how to go about making this more useful. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I did pull out the air conditioner yesterday and ordered a refrigerator
to fit the hole. I got to smash things in the process, which you'll learn, I like to do. We looked at 2 way or 3 way fridges and just decided to go with a standard 1.7 cubic foot dorm fridge
that fit the opening. We figure we'll be running the solar panel
enough to manage the load and we'll only be using it for perishable food, so it won't be opened often.
Today, I put in the rubber base on one side of the trailer. I got about half way around and then it got all wonky. Maybe I was just running low on steam, and was frustrated with the molding episode. I should probably cut it at the halfway point and start again fresh another day. I'll post pics once I'm satisfied with the finished product. I do like the way the white rubber base finishes out and looks on the fiberglass.
Austin plans on working on getting the roof shored up and getting a fantastic fan installed while I'm gone next weekend. I'm pushing him to get the LED lighting
done too, but he may already have a full plate with the roof and fan. You should see the silicone around the existing vent!
Stay tuned for more progress!
If traveling was free, you'd never see me again.