Our Project is Complete - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 1987 Lil Bigfoot
It's been a much bigger project than we anticipated, but we are finally done. We purchased our Li'l Bigfoot in August of last year knowing that it would need quite a little work. We just returned home from a short maiden camping trip and it was all worth it. Please view a slide show of our finished project HERE!

We had planned to attend the NOG get together near Albany, OR later this month, but family obligations have changed our plans, so enjoy the pictures and we will see you all down the road. Roger and Bonnie Miller
Bonnie and Roger in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Very nice!! I think you mentioned that table before, but was it stock or something you built? I like it. I'm very impressed with the whole job!

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Very nice!! I think you mentioned that table before, but was it stock or something you built? I like it. I'm very impressed with the whole job!

Bobbie
The table was purchased at an RV interiors store near Vancouver, WA. It did require a little modification to fit the curve of our trailer wall.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

That is just AWESOME!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #5

Trailer: 1978 UNIK
Registry
Quote:
It's been a much bigger project than we anticipated, but we are finally done. We purchased our Li'l Bigfoot in August of last year knowing that it would need quite a little work. We just returned home from a short maiden camping trip and it was all worth it. Please view a slide show of our finished project HERE!

We had planned to attend the NOG get together near Albany, OR later this month, but family obligations have changed our plans, so enjoy the pictures and we will see you all down the road. Roger and Bonnie Miller
WOW!! Fantastic job! You have all the tools and space to carry this off. That's phenomenal. All the different procedures that go into the remodel: welding, painting, carpentry, body work, wiring, upholstry, everything! You probably did the car too?
Great slideshow! Very professional.

ps What do you think about this. I was told by Marine West that one should fiberglass body repairs and not Bondo them because Bondo isn't waterproof like fiberglass, so any chiping (especially up front) of the paint will allow water to get to the Bondo and cause more paint peeling. What do you think?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Very impressive Roger!! what great work you have done...!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #7

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:

Absolutely amazing job! Love the interior decoration and colors you chose, and your trailer looks like a palace with all those mod's.

Thanks for sharing!
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #8

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Roger - just saw it...fantastic work and that's a helluva show! THREE thumbs up.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Wow! Kudos to you, Roger and Bonnie.

What a beautiful remodel. The love and attention to detail shows through. I'm sorry that you won't be at the nog this month. I would love to see your finished project in real time. Enjoy!

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #10

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
That is a really beautiful remodel, way beyond what I have time and energy to do! I hope we get a chance to see it in person sometime!

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
WOW
Sorry you won't make it to NOG - I'll have see it another time.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #12

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Bonnie & Roger,
What a project! Inspiration & perspiration prove to be winners again.
I suspect 99 out of 100 of us are also envious of your "remodel" facilities. Having the right tools and a place to accomplish the job make the tasks so much easier to accomplish.

Enjoy the fruits of your labors,

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #13

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
Wow!

Absolutely Wow!!
Old 04-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #14

Quote:
WOW!! Fantastic job! You have all the tools and space to carry this off. That's phenomenal. All the different procedures that go into the remodel: welding, painting, carpentry, body work, wiring, upholstry, everything! You probably did the car too?
Great slideshow! Very professional.

ps What do you think about this. I was told by Marine West that one should fiberglass body repairs and not Bondo them because Bondo isn't waterproof like fiberglass, so any chiping (especially up front) of the paint will allow water to get to the Bondo and cause more paint peeling. What do you think?
We used the term Bondo as a generic caption on the picture. I agree with the Marine Co. when doing any large or structural repairs. What I used instead of Bondo was a epoxy body filler used for skimming over rock chips before applying the paint on a car. It has always worked well in the past. I even secured some wood blocking to the inside of the hull on my fiberglass boat using auto body filler aprox. 20 years ago and it is still holding on with no paint on it. I used the body filler like you would use construction adhesive for paneling. For the fiberglass repairs I found that the fiberglass gel resin worked well with the matting on the vertical surfaces, since it doesn't run as bad as the regular resin.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #15

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Outstanding! A large pile of skill and persistence must have gone into this one. Seems like a new standard of excellence to aim for, in my opinion.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #16

Quote:

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement during our project and we appreciate the compliments. R 'n B
Old 04-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I love your table idea
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #18

Slide show

I can't see the slide show. Can you post again please?
Thanks.
Jeff Segel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #19

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bonnie and Roger had Last Activity: 11-21-2010 04:59 PM on FiberglassRV. I believe they've sold the Lil Bigfoot. If they'll ever return, we can hope so!

This is one of the major problems with pics, etc. hosted elsewhere.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote