Our Trillium.... - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
Our Trillium....

Hello All,

I just wanted to share the story of our 1978 Trillium. A long time ago I had the chance meeting with a boler owner, he showed the trailer to me and right away I knew right away we needed one! Afew years later, we still did not have one.....but Kijiji came thru, and we found a Trillium to go look at!! You guessed it...we brought it home!

We use it as much as possible and have been making modifcations to suit our needs and wants. In the past year (after the big clean), we installed new wheels and tires(princess auto!!), all new light fixtures(can tire), bearing buddys, out side light, a bed rail for our boy, and countless other things.

We love our little camper, and it seems others do as well...we get plenty of thumbs up on the road, and visitors where ever you stop! I like showing the trailer, and I like to see others as well!

So far this year we have been out for 10 nights!! So we are happy with our camper so far...but are always looking for ways to make it better. My list includes(but not limited to)...........new fawcet, paint job,a bit of t-molding,a radio/cd/mp3/usb thingy,and maybe a battery for boondocking?

Where are you kind folks putting your on board stereo/speakers?

OK...thats enough...thank you for your time advice and comments.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #2

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Could you post some pictures, does it need a paint job or do you just want it in a different color..

Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #3

I will try my best to post some pics...I have one pic from last summer in the towing section(Jeep TVs). I have some need pics on facebook...i will try!

The old trailer is chalky and blotchy. I tryed washing waxing and a small section with some floor stuff..it helps, but i am still not happy with the results...But the poor roof is down to brown in a few spots. Plus there is a spot that was repaired by the past owner that does not match very well. If/when it gets painted it will be the orginal (ish) color...will be looking for new stripes and maybe a logo or two.

Now to try posting a few pics.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7293875.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	38960

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7293911.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	38961
Old 08-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #5

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Can't really tell by these photo's but you may be able to sand down the area that the previous owner repaired with 400 grit sand paper to the orginal gelcoat and it maybe a very small repair, if so you could scrub the entire camper with BarKeepers Freind to remove all the oxidation the apply a few coats of REDMAX as several other camper owners have in the past..here's a link you should read http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html

Believe me if nothing else it will make a big difference untill you do get around to painting it and besides it will only cost you a little effort and about $25 in supplies including the redmax $15, Barkeepers freind 2 cans $2.50, a couple micro cloths $3.00....It "WILL" make a big difference..Believe me I've got 6 Trilliums and only one has been painted and "ONLY" because it was painted Gray when I bought it..Thought I could sand it down to the orginal gelcoat and put redmax on it but there was way too much bondo repairs under the paint job.....
Old 08-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #6

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Hi Randy, just wanted to say know how you feel. After finding my little bondo patch, I too will keep plugging along but a new paint job will definately be in my future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Can't really tell by these photo's but you may be able to sand down the area that the previous owner repaired with 400 grit sand paper to the orginal gelcoat and it maybe a very small repair, if so you could scrub the entire camper with BarKeepers Freind to remove all the oxidation the apply a few coats of REDMAX as several other camper owners have in the past..here's a link you should read http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html

Believe me if nothing else it will make a big difference untill you do get around to painting it and besides it will only cost you a little effort and about $25 in supplies including the redmax $15, Barkeepers freind 2 cans $2.50, a couple micro cloths $3.00....It "WILL" make a big difference..Believe me I've got 6 Trilliums and only one has been painted and "ONLY" because it was painted Gray when I bought it..Thought I could sand it down to the orginal gelcoat and put redmax on it but there was way too much bondo repairs under the paint job.....

Tags
trillium