OurBoler.com 74 Boler rebuild - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #121

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelmes View Post
The Bolor Emblem...

Now I just need to find one for the front
How about painting the recessed parts of the letters the same green as the lower trailer?
Dave_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #122

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Thanks Andrew. The square vents have screens on them, the round ones I can glue screens in. I want to keep all those mosquito's out.
Nelmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #123

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
You need one of those 3D printers. They also have people who make signs and with something that small they just take acrylic sheet and do a vacuum pull over that sign and replicate it in plastic. Might be cheaper than you think.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #124

Alberta
Thanks Mike!! I had little luck searching for a local 3D printer on the internet, however your post has given me the push needed to make my own. I will post pictures once I figure it out.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #125

Texas
Perhaps make a mold of the thin acrylic and then after it hardens pour in epoxy and let it set up. Betcha something along those lines would work. lots of stuff on the net

Acrylic Shape & Mold Techniques | eHow
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #126

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike A View Post
Perhaps make a mold of the thin acrylic and then after it hardens pour in epoxy and let it set up. Betcha something along those lines would work. lots of stuff on the net

Acrylic Shape & Mold Techniques | eHow
I was thinking along the same lines. Push this piece into a layer of modeling clay coated with wax or oil as a release agent, remove, then pour in some epoxy resin and let it harden.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #127

Texas
I like that even better Tom.. When were kids we used to mold with clay and then you could bake it gently in the oven and it would harden. May not even have to let it harden since the epoxy would be light and not distort the image. cool!!!
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #128

Alberta
I love the ideas. Home depot didn't have it, so I will look around and give making a new logo a try. This project has been full of learning opportunities.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #129

Alberta

i am hoping to go camping this weekend, so my long term plan for the tongue is not an option, so I found a few parts around the garage to hold the propane tank on.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #130

Alberta

Since i plan to cook outside I wanted to keep the kitchen organized. I took this box from home depot and used some left over 1/4 plywood cut to shape. It rests on the ledge in the box. The center piece I reinforced and screwed to the box. The other two lift out. the holes make it easy to lift out, and also line up with the feet on the stove, so the stove fits without moving while driving.

When I get the fabric for the trailer I will also add a barrier between the two sides.

I took my dishes, pots, lighters and other kitchen stuff, it all fit with lots of room to spare. Should make setting up the camp kitchen and traveling with it my simpler.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #131

Texas
Are you one of those preppers who can take a tin can, a piece of string and turn it into a three burner cook stove using only a pocket knife and a piece of flint? Just curious as you are doing one Heck of a job on your Egg.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #132

Alberta
No, I usually work with numbers and a computer, and wonder which way to turn a wrench. That is why this project is so much fun

Glad it looks like I know what I am doing.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #133

Alberta
When doing the body work, i fixed most of the gap at the bottom of the door, however when I installed the door one side had 15 mm more to go. First step was a washer between the door and the hinge. this helped a little.

That helped, but wasn't enough.

So next I decided to build a rack at the bottom of the door to hold books, magazines, bug spray and sun screen. This rack could hold the curve of the door. I took a piece of paper and traced the curve onto the paper. Held the side that worked for the pieces for both sides.

This fixed the door. I wanted to get the trailer ready to camp, so I left this for now as it does not need to be done to camp.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #134

Alberta
I wanted small clean looking LED marker lights. I picked up something close, removed the mounting plate. to mount them I broke the heads off small bolts, used a self taping screw to get some threads started and threaded the bolts in. Added some glue to be safe, then soldered on a ground wire.

The light on the right if after the work. I then added some butyl tape and installed them. I added a small flame to each light, so far I like them.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #135

Texas
Chris you were spot on up until now. The wind was blowing from the other direction on those flames. People will know its not real.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #136

Alberta
To make to roof support I used a curtain rod, same as the wrap around one in the trailer, just bigger. It was perfect, strong enough and had a plastic piece on the end that worked great between the counter and rod, and it came with a screw to secure it to the counter.

I also plan to make a bunk rail from the support to the other rail, for the odd trip where we want to sleep 3 kids. I am also watching for the right mini projector to attach to the rod, turning the back splash into a large TV on those rainy days.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #137

Alberta
Today is a cleaning day, need to get the trailer ready for it's first outing this weekend
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #138

Alberta

So I had the frame reinforced, and on the first trip it broke under the trailer. A new frame was on the list, but with the frame reinforced I thought it could wait until next spring.

The damage to the trailer was minimal, as the tongue lifts up, it lifted the front of the trailer, so it did little damage, and the propane tank made a small mark in the front.

It was the same price to have the trailer reinforced again so I can tow it home, or have it towed all the way. So I am having the frame fixed. With that i still need to find a way to build a new frame.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #139

Texas
Man I am sorry that happened... Could have been worse but thats always easy to say. At least no one was hurt.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 07-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #140

Name: Slavomir
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Washington
Huge bummer! This is further proof how bad these were made originally. Good to hear that the shell was not damaged or anyone hurt.
Slav
slavandheather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler