OurBoler.com 74 Boler rebuild - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #161

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
It helped, although he really wants an RC plane now
Nelmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #162

Alberta
Camping I have found the counter cluttered with flashlights, keys and park maps. I wanted to find a way to clean this up, while keeping it easy to reach. I started by looking at the side of the closet, but shifted to the wasted space at the top of the closet.

I used a hole saw and cut an access hole in each side of the closet. Then used some leftover trim to make the holes look finished. I used a pine plank, cut to size as a top shelf, then ran it over the table saw to thin out the middle, trying for any extra space I could squeeze out. I added a piece of trim along the bottom so things could not slide out and it was done.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #163

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
MAn!! really like that shelf on/in the closet.
I believe I will add that mod to our 74 Boler!!
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #164

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
You keep out doing yourself on this. Wow. I think I will move the trim up and then put a magnum of wine in each side. Hmmmm what if we open up holes in the front horizontally and perpendicular to the wall then I could put 5 or 6 wine bottles like a rack. Great Job.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #165

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Great work....Know you are getting in some Fun time with the camper.

I would like to ask where you found your Glow in the dark paint?

Happy Camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #166

Alberta
Thanks, got out camping with the shelf and it really cleaned up the counter, and when driving anything left up there stayed up there, with the exception of a hour drive we did on a gravel road, a map fell out, everything else stayed fine.

Glow in the dark paint was at Rona or Home Depot, although I had to ask as some locations where out.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #167

Alberta
Stopped by the Alberta Omelette a couple weekends ago.

As I was leaving it was mentioned that there were cushions for sale, it was a great catch and appreciated as I now have cushions and can toss the air matress we have been using as it has been leaking.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #168

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Absoluetely have to love this thread All the cool mods that have been posted... but wonderful camping pics where you camped with other folks
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #169

Name: Beverly J
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Washington
Wrap Around curtain rods?

I love the wrap around curtain idea!
Where did you purchase the rods?

Keep up the good work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelmes View Post
I did manage to get some body work done, but as it started raining again I was forced back into the garage.

I picked up the wrap around curtain rod, the idea being that over the counter it could hang storage, depending on what we need.

I have never used a rivet before, so I read the instructions on the back of the package and Riveted on the Starting point to the closet.

I installed the rod over the counter as well, and the bend that will allow the rod to wrap around to the other window.

The green tape is just to mark where the rod ends and the corner piece begins. Regrettably I need to Rivet through the shell to do the rest, so I will wait until after it is painted.

I stained the remaining wood pieces and cleaned the garage as I wait for the weather to improve.
Beverly Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #170

Alberta
Thanks Donna D, glad you like it, it has been a fun project

Hi Beverly, The curtain rods are from ikea, I used straight rods, but added a gentle bend to the ones at the front and back to get a curve. Racka RÄCKA Curtain rod - black, 70x120 cm - IKEA
Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #171

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Genital bend - sounds like it could be painful.

John
jaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #172

Alberta
Thanks John, didn't catch that
Old 09-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #173

Alberta

As the summer cooled down I played with a candle heater idea I found online.

The idea is to use a ceramic pot to take the heat from a candle and instead of it moving to the roof, radiate it outwards to warm a small space. I only had 2 pots around the house, not the three that seems standard online but decided to give it a shot.

I used a propane heater to warm the trailer before bed, then used this to help keep the trailer warm. It did raise the temperature, but the tea lights only lasted for 4 hours, so I have since picked up some that have an 8 hour burn time. I usually used 3 candles, which was all the little tin could hold.

I plan to play with possible other fuel sources, venting options and set up s that support a few of the 8 hour candles as this seems like a great way to add simple heat when without hookups (which so far is always).
Old 09-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #174

Name: Slavomir
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Washington
Quote:

As the summer cooled down I played with a candle heater idea I found online.

The idea is to use a ceramic pot to take the heat from a candle and instead of it moving to the roof, radiate it outwards to warm a small space. I only had 2 pots around the house, not the three that seems standard online but decided to give it a shot.

I used a propane heater to warm the trailer before bed, then used this to help keep the trailer warm. It did raise the temperature, but the tea lights only lasted for 4 hours, so I have since picked up some that have an 8 hour burn time. I usually used 3 candles, which was all the little tin could hold.

I plan to play with possible other fuel sources, venting options and set up s that support a few of the 8 hour candles as this seems like a great way to add simple heat when without hookups (which so far is always).
Hey, how about putting rocks into your fire and when the fire dies down get them carefully into a ceramic/clay/metal pot and into the trailer? Should radiate heat for a while and no candle fumes!

Cheers,
Slav
Old 09-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #175

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Be careful with heating rocks. If they have any gas or moisture locked inside, they may explode in the fire. Having said that, lots of folks have done this. Some backpackers will wrap hot rocks in cloth/heavy fabric and place them inside their sleeping bags at night. You just have to be careful.
jaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #176

Alberta
I like the heated rock idea, however I want to make sure I have a solution that always works. With fire bans common in the summer I don't want to depend on the fire, but will add it to the list of things to try (good warning about exploding rocks).

As for candle fumes, it is minimal and not something that poses any real risk for a couple candles. I also have detectors that are over sensitive in the trailer if it becomes an issue. I have looked at other heating options, and would vent outside if going with anything bigger.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #177

Alberta
Cut up a board and made a cover for the sink

Just need to pick up some magnetic tape to keep it place when traveling.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #178

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G)
Quote:
Cut up a board and made a cover for the sink

Just need to pick up some magnetic tape to keep it place when traveling.
If the sink is stainless, magnets may not adhere.
Dave_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #179

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Don't think magnets will stick to stainless steel. Might want to test it first before you spend your money.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #180

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
RV Over The Sink Cover Cutting Board 13 3 4" x 11 3 8" | eBay

Bottom dollar has several diffrent cutting boards for sale cheaper that you can drive to the store.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler