Day 16 & 17
With the windows
cleaned up I installed them to keep them safe and try and make more room in the garage. Butyl tape and no silicone.
I didn't bother building a screen for the window in the door, as the screen I plan to install for the door should take care of it.
I cleaned the plexi glass windows and reinstalled them. They still need a polish an a sticker removed, since I have read up on how to attempt that. A couple screw drivers made it much easier than I expected to get the windows in, but I haven't yet tackled the lock strip.
Looking for other backyard projects (so I can stay close to the boys), and gathered up a few parts to paint
I also dug out the mould I made to replicate the boler
emblem for my other trailer, as this trailer has no Boler
markings I made a couple with some left over plastic, and added them to the painting
Everything I spray painted I primered first, and clear coated after, hoping it will last and look good longer.
I removed the hardware from the cabinet doors, using steel wool to clean off any paint
that made it onto them over the years. In the processed I discovered they where once pink. I also took the pink stick on tiles and brass trim off the table. The tiles I toss out, while the brass trim is being painted to match the aluminum in the trailer.
I made a shelf to go on top of the fridge for dry food, once installed I riveted in the kitchen and added a stick on tile back splash. The windows had large wooded frames, so I used a trim meant for replacing the caulking on bathtubs. I looks better in person than it does in the photo.
I also reattached the cabinet door hardware and installed the doors.
I bolted on new safety chains.
As I installed these parts I also ran the wires, which should make the electrical