Oven for scamp 16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2016, 08:37 AM   #1

Name: Matt
Trailer: Scamp 16
Iowa
Oven for scamp 16

I currently have a 3 burner cooktop but really love having an oven. As I begin researching ovens to retrofit I was wondering if anyone had a strong recommendation.
Uglywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:09 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
stove

We have a Camo Chef propane oven and two burner cook top that runs off 1 lb. propane bottles. It has a temp gauge and you need to adjust the flame to get the desired temp you need. In good weather we normally set it up on the site picnic table. It does take a little watching to make adjustments when needed. Warm cinnamon rolls are a favorite. Being outside it does not add ant heat to the inside of the trailer. Also nice for bacon as it has a 3 sided blocker to prevent splatter.
John
Old 10-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Oven? They come in 2 sizes separate to the stove top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglywrench View Post
I currently have a 3 burner cooktop but really love having an oven. As I begin researching ovens to retrofit I was wondering if anyone had a strong recommendation.
e also did not get a oven in our old MH so we started checking around and found out we could not install the 21" as the HWH sits under there, so we bought a 17" and installed it then had the propane check done by a licensed pro so not to blow ourselves up. My wife likes her pizzas but she is none Gluten so now she bakes her bread, Bread is also non Gluten along with all kinds of deserts and when she does Deseerts she has to none Gluten and with Diabetic sweetners for me.
There is another Oven that can sit on a open flame over a fire or on top of propane stove top or camp stove it is a box with temperature dial on the front but like the other person said you have to adjust the temps on the stove, over a Fire I have no idea how you adjust the Temps.
My wife would sell this and ship it to you in Iowa if your interested. I personally think the best way is buy another stove with oven as there are lots of people out there on CL selling these items for anywhere from $100 and up.
stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #4

British Columbia
Oven, they come together but you can buy them separately

Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
e also did not get a oven in our old MH so we started checking around and found out we could not install the 21" as the HWH sits under there, so we bought a 17" and installed it then had the propane check done by a licensed pro so not to blow ourselves up. My wife likes her pizzas but she is none Gluten so now she bakes her bread, Bread is also non Gluten along with all kinds of deserts and when she does Deseerts she has to none Gluten and with Diabetic sweetners for me.
There is another Oven that can sit on a open flame over a fire or on top of propane stove top or camp stove it is a box with temperature dial on the front but like the other person said you have to adjust the temps on the stove, over a Fire I have no idea how you adjust the Temps.
My wife would sell this and ship it to you in Iowa if your interested. I personally think the best way is buy another stove with oven as there are lots of people out there on CL selling these items for anywhere from $100 and up.
stude
:Like I said I have seen these for sale on CL quite often.
Stude
Old 10-06-2016, 04:59 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
17" Suburban RV 3 Burner LP Gas Stove Oven Range Piezo SRNA3SBBE 104 | eBay
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #6

British Columbia
Stove with Oven is that measurement from the top of the burners

: to the bottom of the oven?
I Picked up a almost new complete stove, removed from a Camper for $50 3 years ago, oven never used but the oven itself is 17" then the 3 burners are on top of that.
But if this oven is 17" this is a real good buy for this unit as it is 100% new.
Stude
Old 10-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I had a Scamp 16 for a number of years and personally would not put a permeant oven in it due to the amount of space it takes up and the resulting storage you loose in the kitchen area.

I had a convection/toaster oven I carried stored under a rear bench for those occasions I needed an oven. Coleman made a portable propane oven and stove top. Costco was also selling a portable propane oven last summer as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #8

British Columbia
Carol I can see your point in a small trailer and that is storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I had a Scamp 16 for a number of years and personally would not put a permeant oven in it due to the amount of space it takes up and the resulting storage you loose in the kitchen area.

I had a convection/toaster oven I carried stored under a rear bench for those occasions I needed an oven. Coleman made a portable propane oven and stove top. Costco was also selling a portable propane oven last summer as well.
:even though we do not have a small trailer we had the room but lost a very important drawer for Pots, pans etc. to install the 17"oven. We miss that drawer daily. Those little stoves you posted were not readily available in Canada at the time, I also thought $50 for a Magic Chef complete stove with oven that was never used. When we were in Centralia, Wa we picked up the top in stainless Steel and threw away the old stove top and installed the Stainless lid now the heat cannot crack the paint then we bought a folding top to go over the top but first we found a 1/8" thick foamy to lay on top then close it up so no more rattles.
Stude

Tags
scamp