Paint for Fiberglass? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #15

Name: Rene
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 truck camper
British Columbia
After reading the threads about painting cars with Tremclad I chose a similar product. Armor Coat rust paint. I got 2 gallons for $52 plus a whole raft of taxes and fees. Tremclad was $40 /gallon. Going to use a 4" high density foam roller. It is recommended to thin the paint to get the best finish. Up to 1/3 paint thinner gives the best results.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #16

Name: kevin
Trailer: havasu
Oregon
We wound up going with a gallon of Interlux Brightside blue white at a cost of $115, splitting the can hand having half tinted turquoise. The upper half of the trailer is white and from the belly band down is turquoise. I also painted the hatch doors to match (the lower ones turquoise and the uppers white) I used a smaller white foam roller and my wife followed with a paint brush. It came out looking great!
I also took apart every window, stripped the aluminum of all the paint (wire wheel works great although it's tough on the arm muscles) and re sealed them. I got double sided window tape from a window repair shop and used Vulkem 116 on the outside. The only drag is the Vulkem suggests a 21 day dry time.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #17

Name: Reuben
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I can't say enough about the Interlux 1 part easypoxy paint. It goes on easy, smooths itself out and coats very well. This isn't the greatest cell phone pic & you can't see the gloss but i'm pretty happy with the results, off white on top and what was labeled as Grand Banks Biege on the bottom but i'm convinced it was a mess up as its MUCH greyer than I would have liked. I don't mind it but its not really what I had in mind. I fully admit to not taking the most time and following OCD painting tactics to the T but the results are great in my books. I still plan on adding a rubberized coating to the front lower to protect from rock dings.

(and yes a new flexi-ride axle is in my neaw future!)

Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
We wound up going with a gallon of Interlux Brightside blue white at a cost of $115, splitting the can hand having half tinted turquoise. The upper half of the trailer is white and from the belly band down is turquoise. I also painted the hatch doors to match (the lower ones turquoise and the uppers white) I used a smaller white foam roller and my wife followed with a paint brush. It came out looking great!
I also took apart every window, stripped the aluminum of all the paint (wire wheel works great although it's tough on the arm muscles) and re sealed them. I got double sided window tape from a window repair shop and used Vulkem 116 on the outside. The only drag is the Vulkem suggests a 21 day dry time.
Looks GREAT Kevin . But, have to ask, why the double-sided window tape and Vulkem? You could have done the whole job with butyl putty tape and NO caulk.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #19

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1978 13' Scamp
California
Has anyone ever use this Marine Topside Paint by Supermarine? Supermarine Revolution (TS-1000)

They are located in Washington State. The reason why I want to use them is because they will mix custom colors! $145 for a gallon seems on the high side?

Tags
paint