Trailer: 13' Scamp
Colorado
no chock

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Do you use their tire chock with it?

Thanks,

Frank

I just checked amazon to see what your were talking about. No their chock is total over kill. I use a cheap plastic chock if I use one at all.

Amazon.com: Camco 44412 Wheel Chock - Single: Sports & Outdoors

Old 07-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #16

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I agree with Jim & Jon about not leveling with the stabilizers. I either use boards under a wheel, or if a dirt site I'll dig a little depression for a wheel with my little folding shovel. This idea applies to cars too, don't jack them up at the front and rear and open a door. A co-worker had that happen years ago with a 2 door hardtop dodge, all 4 wheels off the ground on big air bumper jacks to rotate the tires and someone opened a door. He said the door never shut right afterwards.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #17

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
These Parkliners seem to need an awful lot of repairs and modifications for a trailer that has only been in production for a short time. Next camper I buy is going to be one I can just use and not work on, tired of that deal.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #18

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I use both the BAL leveler and chock. I didn't have to buy them. My son gave them to me when he sold his popup. They both work very well.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #19

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Front to back leveling is obviously easy and so is side to side.

Ginny looks to see which side needs to go up and puts a 2x6 with a beveled edge under one wheel. Usually that's close enough.

She then adjusts front to back and I put the stabilizers down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #20

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Frank,
I've got one of the BAL levelers and use an 18V impact driver with a 3/4 socket to run it up and down. It rides in a 22" pizza delivery bag when not in use to keep grease from the the screw off the rest of the camping gear. I think I found the pizza bag on Ebay.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #21
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
Thanks!

Thanks for the discussion and warnings!! Helpful!!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #22

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
These Parkliners seem to need an awful lot of repairs and modifications for a trailer that has only been in production for a short time. Next camper I buy is going to be one I can just use and not work on, tired of that deal.
Well then you need to order the trailer with all the options that you think it needs...and hope you got them all.

Frank didn't buy his new from ParkLiner and is wanting different options... electric water heater and leveling jacks instead of stabilizers. I also didn't buy mine new and am ok with the options mine came with. I use a Bal leveler for side to side leveling and my tongue jack for front to back. I do carry a scissor jack and a pair of jack stands if I was ever again camping in a god awful spot and am forced to jack the axle up like in one camp ground i stayed in.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:37 AM   #23

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Well then you need to order the trailer with all the options that you think it needs...and hope you got them all.

Frank didn't buy his new from ParkLiner and is wanting different options... electric water heater and leveling jacks instead of stabilizers. I also didn't buy mine new and am ok with the options mine came with. I use a Bal leveler for side to side leveling and my tongue jack for front to back. I do carry a scissor jack and a pair of jack stands if I was ever again camping in a god awful spot and am forced to jack the axle up like in one camp ground i stayed in.
Thanks Deryk! Bottom line is our ParkLiner did not need anything. Well, it did need the batteries moved, but ParkLiner has come up with a very elegant solution to that problem, and are doing it for me. Gail complains I get something new (whatever it is) and seem to take on projects with it. I'm a project guy and am having fun. Not much more I want to do with this trailer, so back to projects with the truck and wife's new Escape. I'm also rebuilding my hot rod and a 1947 Old Town canoe. And am continually remodeling the house. Oh yeah, I'm still a workin stiff too!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:54 AM   #24

New Jersey
Registry
Oh me too Frank! My mom yells at me why I keep taking on projects lol.

I really think about this winter covering the walls with poplar wainscotting and since I have some of the same varnish as my woodwork making is all the same colour...make it more cabin like!

My friends over the weekend while camping didn't have their 10x10 ezup staked, it blew over and broke...I kept the top to cut it and take measurements to make a pattern to make a top out of sunbrella so it has a vintage style look to it...I'm thinking of going that route for an awning so it better sheds water and be able to add a screen room or privacy walls! I saw online you can buy a 12" leg extention so i could set it up right against my ParkLiner and be able to open the door.

http://www.ezupdirect.com/product/leg-extensions/

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 07-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #25

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Park Liner
North Carolina
A Great Leveling Jack Suggestion

To ALL who have spoken about the Stabilizer Jacks vs Leveling Jacks issue for the Park Liner, I believe the following will solve your problem:

Stabilizer Jacks are NOT Leveling Jacks. Stabilizing Jacks are meant to do just that, only stabilize the Park Liner AFTER leveling.

The Stabilizing Jacks supplied with your Park Liner are NOT meant to lift a wheel off the ground, but to just steady the unit after leveling.

Once you find your "sweet spot" at the camp-site and you are off-level from side-to-side, I know the following product will solve this concern. Go to the following LINK and check it out. The price is right, the product is simple to use and ruggedly built. Be sure to watch the available video. This will amaze you, and it works.

3604 - Camper Leveler

Once your Park Liner is level side-to-side, it can be fine tuned front to back using the front jack.

Then, you drop the Stabilizing Jacks to the ground just to "stabilize". If a jack does not reach the ground, you can then place a leveling block (or blocks) under it to fill in the space.

If you have any questions, please ask. Don't stress the frame and/or fiberglass by trying to lift the frame!

Bruce Bombardier
Old 07-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #26

New Jersey
Registry
Interesting Idea Bruce! Too bad my ParkLiner doesn't have flat sides (I just checked with a 3' level) But its definatly lighter and smaller then my BAL leveler
I just got a set of 10 blocks from Camping World for $5 (had a $20 off coupon plus a credit from a return)

But yes the rear stabilizers are just so the front end doesn't rise up when you walk to the back of the trailer...not to lift it up for leveling purposes.

Now say your stuck in a godawful spot and you can't lower the tongue jack any lower to level it... would a scissor jack and a jack stand under the axle be ok to lift it a bit or just lots of blocks under the 2 tires?

Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #27

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
If anyone is interested, I have a slightly used B@l leveler and pizza bag for sale $40 will deliver to Algonac Rally in September if wanted.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #28

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Park Liner
North Carolina
Back to you, Deryk,

I don't try to use a level on the side of the Park Liner for just that reason. The level that works great for me is found at Camping World at the following LINK:

2-Way Bubble Level - Four Corners ZK-015 - Levels - Camping World

I attach it using the self-adhesive backing/or have permanent luck with a stronger 3M double-sided tape for outdoor use you can find at Walmart.

Attach this to the top of the A-Frame on the flat surface just in front of the tongue jack.
It is easy to see your level side-to-side and front-to-rear and works like a charm.

To answer your question, I would use blocks under the two tires and stay away from the axle and frame.

Bruce

Tags
parkliner