Perris Pacer Decorating - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
And here is my answer to: leaving bed made in back, where to eat???

"TV" trays! Since that's where we eat all the time at home, decided to use the same idea for the camper (when we have to eat inside, etc.)

After much researching, decided on these "Table Totes". They are small, collapsible, telescoping legs (can go from bedside table to regular height!), portable, and lightweight. They are actually a traveling computer table.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010039.jpg   P1010040.jpg  

P1010041.jpg  
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #22

Registry
See how little it is?? (That's Skippy in the back ground)
Attached Thumbnails
P1010043.jpg   P1010044.jpg  

P1010045.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #23

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
From carpet to wood rot!

That`s what we found when the carpet was removed-so Casita is now getting a new floor and new tile. Just went with a simple design-will add a rug for more color. Supposed to get our Tante Marie back this weekend. It will sit in the driveway for awhile so I can work on the inside. The grandkids will be glad-they like to play in it. We will store it at our daughters house since we can`t store it at our house. Our kids bought us a new cover for it-my birthday gift-so it will be covered and stored under shade trees. Hope they don`t have sap to share!!

Am now looking at decals for the sides-not sure what to go with -anyone have any ideas?
Mrs.C.

--I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Great ideas Robin and Scott! Would love to see pics, Robin. Where did you get the coffee labels---print them???

Of course, I'm scared to death I"ll take up the old floor and find wood rot or something-----------------------
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #24

Registry
Hang in there Mrs. C---soon you'll get to do the "FUN" stuff!

Just got finished making the doggie fence bigger so Skippy and Elli have more room to play!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #25

Registry
We have a dog fence from a pet store, but it doesn't make a very big space (but it is very expensive.) I got a box of grid storage cubes at Target for $16 and expanded the size. With zip ties and binder clips, the possibilities are endless! (I use this method to make my guinea pig condo.)

I used just one layer of grid for where the fence would go in front of the camper and camper door, then expanded it to 2 grids high as it moves out from the camper and attached it to the dog fence.

It all folds up very nicely and is much lighter than buying a second dog fence to expand the circumference.

Note: the dogs are on the WRONG SIDE of the fence!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P1010004.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #26

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Vickie, I didn't use coffee labels. I was just suggesting it since you went with a coffee theme.

That is what I would do, print them. Look for old style or labels that match your color scheme on a fun paper. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it for you!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Vickie, I didn't use coffee labels. I was just suggesting it since you went with a coffee theme.

That is what I would do, print them. Look for old style or labels that match your color scheme on a fun paper. I will take a pic tomorrow and post it for you!
Try here or some other site online the sell coffe labels or poster as well.
The Label Man
Scott B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #28

Registry
Thanks, Robin---can't wait to see the pictures.

Scott, those are great labels. So could I buy a vintage label and make prints, or is that a no-no?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Thanks, Robin---can't wait to see the pictures.

Scott, those are great labels. So could I buy a vintage label and make prints, or is that a no-no?

Well for your own use I think it is ok if you were to try to sell them probably a copywrite infringement.

also coffee posters are great and I know they are big but take them to a local photocopy print shop and ask them to copy them smaller.

Coffee Decor - Stimulation Artwork for your Kitchen

AllPosters.com - The World's Largest Poster and Print Store!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #30

Registry
Excellent! On the AllPosters site there's one called: Coffee Patchwork:Conscienous (I'm tired and the computer says I didn't spell that right.) that would be perfect! The background looks like old tiles. And the ones that are 8" x 8" would be good to work with, too! Can't wait to see Robin's and hear how she did it.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Excellent! On the AllPosters site there's one called: Coffee Patchwork:Conscienous (I'm tired and the computer says I didn't spell that right.) that would be perfect! The background looks like old tiles. And the ones that are 8" x 8" would be good to work with, too! Can't wait to see Robin's and hear how she did it.

Nice choice.

If you go with a floor epoxy system like this THDRedirectView.jsp

You just clean the floor, paint it a couple coats if needed, just before the final coat is dry but still tacky you lay down your artwork and then after it dries completely you paint on the clear epoxy after it dries and hardens you will have a smooth clear layer over your artwork

Hope all this helps.

Scott
Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #32

Registry
Thanks, Scott
Old 08-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #33

Name: sherry
Trailer: Traveleze
Alaska
I would love to see pic's of your floors Robin. The floors in my pacer need to be replaced and I know they're rotted so any ideas are great.

Vickie thanks for adding all the pic's......it gives me ideas of what's possible since I'm not as creative as I thought. LOL

I am in the process of replacing cabinets,etc. we have a family trip coming up.
highlandsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #34

Registry
Thanks Sherry---I've been having fun now that I know how to post pics!

Spent today cutting Reflectix for all the windows/vents to darken the camper for sleeping
Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #35

Alaska
Quote:
Thanks Sherry---I've been having fun now that I know how to post pics!

Spent today cutting Reflectix for all the windows/vents to darken the camper for sleeping

I love working on mine too. I spent the day replacing curtain rods, and cabinets. I really want to replace the flooring due to it being so soft but I have too much camping to do this summer. lol I did tear out the carpet.
keep posting your progress......we might have matching trailers. J/k.
take care
Old 08-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #36

Registry
Sherry,

And now it's midnight and I can't go to sleep because I'm thinking of things to do with the camper (and especially thinking of the camp kitchen.) ARGGG--I need to sleep so I can start again tomorrow!!!!

Was on the hunt for the perfect camping chair tonight. Had about given up when we stopped at Scheels. Got a Lafuma chair for 1/2 price. Had never heard of them, but knew I wanted it when I sat down. They said it was a special order that had never been picked up. The only thing missing was a cup holder. I just did a search and found Lafuma accessories, including a cup holder--so I ordered it!

Hope I have half as much fun camping as I am getting ready to camp!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #37

Alaska
Quote:
Sherry,

And now it's midnight and I can't go to sleep because I'm thinking of things to do with the camper (and especially thinking of the camp kitchen.) ARGGG--I need to sleep so I can start again tomorrow!!!!

Was on the hunt for the perfect camping chair tonight. Had about given up when we stopped at Scheels. Got a Lafuma chair for 1/2 price. Had never heard of them, but knew I wanted it when I sat down. They said it was a special order that had never been picked up. The only thing missing was a cup holder. I just did a search and found Lafuma accessories, including a cup holder--so I ordered it!

Hope I have half as much fun camping as I am getting ready to camp!

Vickie,
OMG......LOL My family just told me last night that I must think about my trailer 24/7. It is on my mind all day. Glad I'm not the only one. I also sat in bed last night trying to figure out what I was going to do next. I was thinking I'm going to tackle the flooring considering I got all gungho and tore out the carpet, but the entrance area is in need of replacement. The cushion covers are this winters project. I honestly am just jumping into this because there is sooo much to do.

Do you know if the overhead the cabinets from scamp would fit in our trailers? I have two but everything was done half*** and they aren't flush with the top of the trailer and it is driving me crazy. Just thought I'd throw this one out there. I'm not about to get rid of the storage.

My husband has wanted the same type of camping chair for awhile now and at one point he found them at costco for 79 but didn't buy them and now they're sold out. :0/ I feel bad. we might have to look at scheels.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #38

Registry
Sherry, don't know about the fit of scamp cabinets---maybe someone else does, tho!

Today we put in new vinyl. It's just a temp fix---but the old floor was ruining my decor!!!! LOL Anyway, I found a 5' x 6' piece at Menards for $13! So I figured---what the heck.

AND I my camping rug came today! I love it! It's 9' x 9'---fits perfectly in the 10' x 10' screen room. So, naturally I made my husband help me put up the screen room for practice (and we needed it!)--so I could see it all together.

BTW--the LaFuma chair is like nothing I can find on line. The girl said it was a "special order". It's not their lounger, but a regular outdoor chair. I already have a lounger, which is OK, but if I want to sit up straight, it's hard with the foot part of the lounger in the way. This chair has a back that has about 3 different angles it can be moved to---from a gentle recline to straight. I love it!
Attached Thumbnails
P1010004.jpg   P1010005.jpg  

P1010006.jpg   P1010002.jpg  

Old 08-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #39

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Wow

Your are going to have a first class resort for this coming weekend. Really anxious to see all you have done to the camper.
I can see I need to get to work on the `BUG`-people say the Casita is cute as a bug so decided to call it `Bug`.
See ya next weekend.
Reitha
Quote:
Sherry, don't know about the fit of scamp cabinets---maybe someone else does, tho!

Today we put in new vinyl. It's just a temp fix---but the old floor was ruining my decor!!!! LOL Anyway, I found a 5' x 6' piece at Menards for $13! So I figured---what the heck.

AND I my camping rug came today! I love it! It's 9' x 9'---fits perfectly in the 10' x 10' screen room. So, naturally I made my husband help me put up the screen room for practice (and we needed it!)--so I could see it all together.

BTW--the LaFuma chair is like nothing I can find on line. The girl said it was a "special order". It's not their lounger, but a regular outdoor chair. I already have a lounger, which is OK, but if I want to sit up straight, it's hard with the foot part of the lounger in the way. This chair has a back that has about 3 different angles it can be moved to---from a gentle recline to straight. I love it!
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #40

Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard c View Post
Your are going to have a first class resort for this coming weekend. Really anxious to see all you have done to the camper.
I can see I need to get to work on the `BUG`-people say the Casita is cute as a bug so decided to call it `Bug`.
See ya next weekend.
Reitha

Vickie,
I love your set up! I also tore out the flooring in my trailer. My trailer is not as in good of shape as yours.....yet. LOL I realized after taking it out that the bottom section needs to be replaced completely, which was my fear. I now need a saw and then I bought carpet for the upper section which I can't do either because I can't remove the table stand. I tried everything and it's in there pretty good. I told myself that I wouldn't start anything else until I've figured the floor out. I can go on all day with what I need to do.
I don't see any pic's of your floors here, but love the screen room.

Anyways, I got online and looked up chairs after seeing your post and had to purchase some so we ended up with the gravity chairs. I do think my next purchase should be an awning.

You'll have fun camping and I'm sure you'll be happy with the work you've done.....yay!!

Tags
dog fencing, perris pacer, screen room