Originally Posted by mary and bob
Looks real good. I see lots of mods from original, did you do all those. What I see is extra tail lights
, front table, opening cut into the storage area under right front seating, new stove, counter top, faucet with two handles [hot water?] and all the cabinet and closet doors look new or refaced. And what is on the bumper toward each end, not the jacks but on the face of the bumper.
Thanks for all the compliments. Couldn't have done it without you all!
Before we purchased, tail lights
were added because the originals were not working. Since purchasing husband got them to work but at this point the new LED lights
are actually better. If a time comes when we can purchase LED originals, I'm sure we would purchase and remove then patch the current lights
. But right now having lights
that work is pretty nice!
The "things" on the bumper are skid wheels. Came with the trailer. The bumper and the wheels were painted u-haul
orange. I think it's a fun color. Also put on the new hubs. Those were our anniversary gift to each other. I had to justify the cost somehow.
The front table was another PO addition which we are not totally satisfied with but for now will do. We are thinking a circular table might be best. Any thoughts?
The opening cut into the storage area... When we got it it had two overbuilt drawers- one worked the one on top just for looks. A space waster in our opinion. So. We moved all the drawers except the framing and I added some fabric curtains for now. We keep all the stuff in there for outdoors...other Coleman stove, tablecloth, propane
lantern, etc. We keep it contained with a bungee un the curtain when on the road.
The doors were all replaced with pretty nice wood and non-locking cam lock type latches. The latches work great. The door are a bit heavy and husband would like to replace but I love the finish. If we could have them planed down that would be ideal but likely not worth the cost.
We moved the original furnace
and the shelving that was in the closet. We put some of the wire cube-type pieces on the bottom of the furnace
area and the closet so that we could add a storage basket and again have less eight from the PO's shelving.
I tore apart the cushions that originally came with it. They were for outdoor furniture. I reused the fabric on some new foam I bought. Plan to do a middle cushion but have not the need yet. Added new curtains and got some of that curtain wire from the UK.
We believe we would like to put in a 2 way fridge
but won't until the price is right. Until we are using our. Old cooler.
Towing with the Chevy pu. More than adequate but when I go to replace my little commuter (soon hope) I will purchase something I can tow with. Hubby needs truck for work.
A work in progress...but for me a lot of fun and way better than going to work! Start back tomorrow. :-(