Plumbing Question for sink/Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Avion 30P and 1979 Scamp 16
Michigan
Plumbing Question for sink/Scamp

So I have a 1979 16ft Scamp. I have replaced all of the wood and roughed in the wiring harness.

I am now working on plumbing. On the door side there is an outlet that hooks to a hose and appears to be a drain outlet.

Is there also suppose to be an inlet for camp ground hook up or do I depend entirely on filling the fresh water tank?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #2

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Water hookup inlet is located on the street side, near electricity cord hole.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #3

Michigan
My electricity hook up is on the let side as you stand behind the trailer and look forward. On the right hand side is a water outlet and an exterior electrical outlet. If there is suppose to be a water inlet for a hose hook up, where should it be located and what is it connected to?
Old 08-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #4

SW Florida
Look at the picture http://www.scamptrailers.com/images/...672-414-80.jpg

water connection inlet is below letter "a" in "Scamp". Power cord is below letter "c".
Old 08-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The older Scamps had power and water hook ups on the door side. The male hose connector on side of the trailer in your sink drain hook up. A female hose connector is for city water. If you have no grey water tank, toilet or water heater you more than likely do not have city water. The older scamps had a faucet for city water and a pump faucet for on board water. A picture of your sink would help.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #6

Michigan
Thanks for the help. I do not have a toilet or grey water tank so that answers that.

I am going to add a city water inlet and put it in line with the sink as well as a "T" so I can install an outdoor shower. Make sense? Has anyone put an outdoor shower in?
Old 08-22-2015, 02:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
Look at the picture http://www.scamptrailers.com/images/...672-414-80.jpg

water connection inlet is below letter "a" in "Scamp". Power cord is below letter "c".
The photo applies to only the base 16' Scamps built after the mid 1990's. Prior to that on the base 16' the electrical and water hook ups where on the passenger side of the trailer. On my 92 16' there is a City water connection and electrical connection on the passenger side but it has a holding tank so there is no grey water drain on the outside of the trailer. As Eddie suggested if the trailer only has a hand pump at the sink there would probable not have been a city water connection and the water would have been from the fresh water tank only. If it did not have a grey water holding tank (some of the older trailers did not) it may actually only have had a grey water drain on the passenger side as well.

The Deluxe model 16' did though have water &/or electrical hook ups (can not recall which) on the drivers side prior to the mid 90's though. Not sure what year they switched the Deluxe hook ups over to the drivers side but I am aware of a mid 80's trailer that has the hook ups on that side.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16 Delux
Oregon
Registry
1979 layout on my trailer

David,
I also have a 1979 16' that I am rebuilding. My trailer had a water tank and a city water connection, both on the door side. The sink drained out directly below the city water connection, no collection tank. The sink counter was located on that door side, so I will use both the city water connection and the drain. I have chosen to remove the water tank.
It is unfortunate that these connections are on the side of the trailer that you will spend more time at, but they chose to put the sink on that side and not with the stove top which is better for counter space.
Do you have the side closet/porta potty room in your trailer?

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR
SouthwestOregon201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:00 AM   #9

Michigan
Hi Dave,

As you look through the door of my trailer there is what looks like it could have been a closet. No plumbing to be found.

I am adding an outdoor shower that will hook up to city water that will be used mostly for washing dishes and rinsing things off.

I have reinforced the roof and plan on a roof top A/C unit.

Dave
Old 08-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #10

Michigan
Carol-
Thanks for the info and picture. My power outlet is on the drivers side.
The water outlet is on the passenger side.
I am adding a coax inlet near the power outlet on the drivers side and will add a city water hook up and an outdoor shower. (most likely on the drivers side rear).

Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Frazer View Post
Carol-
Thanks for the info and picture. My power outlet is on the drivers side.
The water outlet is on the passenger side.
I am adding a coax inlet near the power outlet on the drivers side and will add a city water hook up and an outdoor shower. (most likely on the drivers side rear).

Thanks,
Dave
Your Scamp is fairly typical of the 70's version. Some had both outlets on the passenger side others have reported having one on the drivers side and the other on the passenger side - I seem to recall the later was common to the Delux model... may be wrong though!

It was not until the mid 90's that Scamp started to put all the outlets on all their trailers onto the drivers side to work better with how most campgrounds have their electrical and water set ups.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #12

Michigan
Hey one thing I don't know.

Does anyone know the placement of the 12 volt light fixtures inside the trailer?

Not sure how many or where they are suppose to be located.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #13

SW Florida
Everything depends on your trailer layout and your needs. Definitely you need a fixture under left and right overhead cabinets. A light or two over rear dinette are very useful. Put a light at the trailer's top area. If you have a bath room in the trailer, there should be a light too.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #14

Oregon
Registry
'79 lights and stuff

My '79 only has the overhead cupboard over the stovetop, nothing on the sink side.
I have placed a light over the front bunk area, on the side of the bathroom closet. My bunk area is being converted into a two person dinette. Another light in the bathroom closet, one over the stovetop, instead of the AC light. And one over the sink cabinet. I chose to install an entry area pair of switches for the new outside light and the light over the stovetop.
All of my fiberglass interior had to be trashed. The PO's had drilled holes everywhere and all the hinges were rusted. All my interior is changing over to wood. The big rear dinette will become a permanent bed.
I will be interested to see how you did your Air Conditioner install and that outside shower.
One thing I did when I replaced the axle was to change the coupler over to a two inch and not a drop down anymore like the original.

At present I have a 13' Compact II, but I am working on this 16' Scamp to maybe take its' place. That extra three feet might be nice for me. However, I have never been a fan of the curved doors.
I will be watching your build with interest, good luck.

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR
Old 08-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #15

Michigan
Thanks Dave.

Sounds like we had the same floor plan originally.

If you send me an email address I will send you pictures as I go.

What are you using for a refrigerator?

Dave
Old 08-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #16

Michigan
PS... on the roof I added two more layers of glass and put 4 oak strip for added strength.

It is pretty low profile and should look OK after the a/c and vent are reinstalled.

I spoke to the guys at scamp before I did this.

Dave
Old 08-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #17

Oregon
Registry
I was just on the roof yesterday and noticed how little support the glass gave. Because we live in the Pacific Northwest I have opted to use a MaxxFan and was installing my spacer base.

Have you kept the front and back window in yours? I'm going to have the glass company install new lexan with Scamp rubber seals.

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR
Old 08-24-2015, 01:04 AM   #18

Michigan
Yes I am keeping all of the windows. My goal is to keep it fairly original and not overly complicated. A step above tent camping but not as complicated as newer RVS can be.

Tags
scamp