Plywood screen doors? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-31-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Plywood screen doors?

I searched for these and can't find the link. I made two for my trailer but they were the kind with butt joints was thinking of making the type with full piece plywood. I really liked those. Can someone tell me or link to those topics. Please!
__________________

__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,434
What brand of trailer? Sorry though, I've never seen a screen door made out of a full sheet of plywood, at least not on this site. I have seen bi-folds and Gord100 has plans/info for a full screen door here, although you may not have a Trillium: Gord100's Trillium Trailer Webpage

On Edit: okay, take that back.. there was someone that made a screen door out of a piece of plywood, but it's in the Legacy posts so no pictures since that STUPID hacker deleted the photos!
Boler mods
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
What brand of trailer? Sorry though, I've never seen a screen door made out of a full sheet of plywood, at least not on this site. I have seen bi-folds and Gord100 has plans/info for a full screen door here, although you may not have a Trillium: Gord100's Trillium Trailer Webpage

On Edit: okay, take that back.. there was someone that made a screen door out of a piece of plywood, but it's in the Legacy posts so no pictures since that STUPID hacker deleted the photos!
Boler mods
Sorry tDonna!

But I have to disagree but it was this site as the screen door is full length and even has fancy wood designs like reeds and even flower type. shellacked and all. They were more fitted inside and straight plywood. I recall this because I took special care to see how the right side was arched for the egg curve.

Thanks though. Once I get it I will book mark it. I don't need it just yet as spring is not here but still studying it in my mind.

I watch this thread for some great ideas for my Cargo Trailer. I especially like the kitchens. Will up load some of my pics from Photo bucket. I especially like my idea for alum awnings that stow away. I use adjustable book shelf brackets. Works great. I can even sit out in the hot sun using these to cool myself.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...5/DSCF1132.jpg
__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
I sent the last post up witout seeing the reply Sorry!

It is weird because I saw them and liked them very much the owner did a great job and as you can see I have only been on here for just a few days. So that is puzzling.

Thank You for trying. And thanks for the links that were sent They are a definitely a great help.
__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,434
Well there's this: Two More Oak Wood Projects

Now I'm vaguely remembering some pictures taken at a gathering sometime... maybe you'll find what you're looking for in the Gathering Archives?
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Well there's this: Two More Oak Wood Projects

Now I'm vaguely remembering some pictures taken at a gathering sometime... maybe you'll find what you're looking for in the Gathering Archives?
Thank You Donna

That's what I was looking for. I need to do that to my trailer for cross air flow as I have one for my back door as well.
__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell A View Post
Thank You Donna

That's what I was looking for. I need to do that to my trailer for cross air flow as I have one for my back door as well.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...5/DSCF1132.jpg



Here is the back door. When I need to clean up in the woods This is where this is done.

I originally was going to post the photos but they appeared to be large so I set them as links Enjoy!

Russ


http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...11885/TTT2.jpg
__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Commercial Member
 
Robert Johans's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: Nest Caravans
Oregon
Posts: 822
Registry
I don't know if this now is a moot point, but the Harold's "oak" screen door frame is not cut as a single piece of plywood.

It appears to me that he's used some nicely machined 90° corners to join the stiles to the upper rail. The center and bottom rail (though fancy!) look to be assembled in the traditional manner.
__________________
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
I don't know if this now is a moot point, but the Harold's "oak" screen door frame is not cut as a single piece of plywood.

It appears to me that he's used some nicely machined 90° corners to join the stiles to the upper rail. The center and bottom rail (though fancy!) look to be assembled in the traditional manner.
Oh! I'm sorry this is the one I really had in mind.


I will use 3/4 " wood and build it just like the one shown above. When it is completed I will gladly share it with others. My butt jointed screen door gathered ice at the hinge side bottom corner and broke the wood at the joint while trying to open it. I will shorten the new door and add weather stripping instead. I had mine up since 2006. But then I wasn't living in it then.

Thanks for the notice. But it still looks like one piece.
__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
theresa p's Avatar
 
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Posts: 1,382
Registry
hi....dennis (my hubby) has made 2 screen doors out of a sheet of plywood...one for us, one for our friends. they both turned out beautifully....he designed the interior side of the door with a cut out that allows easy replacement of the screen. i'll try to find his post....it's been about 3 years.
__________________
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
theresa p's Avatar
 
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Posts: 1,382
Registry
Screen Door just built

russell...i haven't ever linked like this before....but i hope you can see this.
__________________
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi....dennis (my hubby) has made 2 screen doors out of a sheet of plywood...one for us, one for our friends. they both turned out beautifully....he designed the interior side of the door with a cut out that allows easy replacement of the screen. i'll try to find his post....it's been about 3 years.
I found it and it's a winner!

Thanks. The middle I plan on changing to a strip that pulls in like a tilt table to reach the outside door handle.

Screen Door just built
__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
Member
 
Russell A's Avatar
 
Name: Russ
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell A View Post
I found it and it's a winner!

Thanks. The middle I plan on changing to a strip that pulls in like a tilt table to reach the outside door handle.

Screen Door just built

Notice the time. I was already on it but Thank you just the same for your effort. Because I want it is a complement to your husbands work. Looks easy and doable. Everyone else, Thank you as well. Donna!

Russ
__________________
Russell A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
Screen Door just built

russell...i haven't ever linked like this before....but i hope you can see this.
I remember seeing that! I guess I didn't know it was made out of one sheet of plywood... who would have guessed?, Looks really nice! I'll add the URL to my list for the next person that asks
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plywood floor replacement supplies Mike Shackelford Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 3 10-08-2009 08:17 PM
Floor replacement Options - OSB vs Plywood. Oliver P Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 11 08-11-2009 09:34 PM
Total plywood replacement? brady hansen Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 27 03-13-2008 10:13 PM
Plywood Floor Replacement 72 Boler Annie T Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 5 07-24-2007 11:19 PM
plywood edging Peggy Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 07-09-2007 02:04 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.