Portable Instant Hot Shower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Portable Instant Hot Shower

Those in need of a portable hot shower this item may do the trick. A Zodi Hot tap Travel Shower $114.99
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
"Up to 100*F water" ? More like a luke-warm shower than a HOT shower, but sure beats the whee outta a COLD one!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #3

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
Carol,

Check THIS out, they are a much better option for a portable instant shower. I want to buy one and integrate it into our trailer somehow or at least bring it along to hang on a tree and buy one of hose little portable shower/change rooms to have a shower in with the portable heater. you can hook it up directly to a water supply if you have it available at a camp ground or you can get a rubbermaid tote with a small 12v pump and use it that way.

its a great cheap way to have a nice shower while camping, they heat the water up much hotter too

very cheap also.

others have posted info on these in the past.
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #4

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
I have a Coleman Hot Water On Demand. It's is nice for washing dishes, and potentially for taking a shower. I have the shower hookup for it, but I haven't used it yet. The campgrounds we go to have nice showers.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Water-.../dp/B0009PURE0
Old 04-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotsniff View Post
Carol,

Check THIS out, they are a much better option for a portable instant shower. .
Thanks but my scamp actually has a shower and a propane hot water tank that works really well. I just thought this one might be an option for folks that dont have one but dang I didnt read the fine print.... 100 degrees .... humm I suppose thats a little better than cold straight out of the tap but....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #6

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotsniff View Post
Carol,

Check THIS out, they are a much better option for a portable instant shower. I... <snip>.
That looks about like the on-the-wall-shower-gizmos you see in European houses. My good friend in London has one. The water pressure isn't spectacular, but it produces a ready supply of very hot water.
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #7

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
zodi makes a good product, and 100 degrees is pleasantly warm compared to right out of the hose.

i have a ice fishing tent thats 4x4x6 tall would be a perfect shower room for roughing it, also a good port-a-potty room.

we camp in state parks to use their showers and rest rooms. one less chore for me to deal with that way.

i will be boondocking for a week next month, while i do a sturgeon guarding volunteer thing, but theres a state park a few miles away and they are glad to let the volunteers catch a shower.

P.S. almost every state fishery dept, or natural resources dept, needs volunteers for one thing or another. i work with our dnr's stewardship program every month. its a great way to pay back some of the enjoyment my state's great outdoors has given me over the last 61 years.
plus i get to meet some great folks. lots of collegs age kids volunteer, and they will make you realise we don't have to worry so much about the future, theres still plenty of great youth out there.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #8

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have an Eco-Temp as linked above. I have been very pleased with it, and when you switch rigs.. you can take it with you!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #9

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
I have the Coleman On Demand.I've tested it and it does a good job,but haven't used it boondocking yet.But...they are not cheap,and they are not lightweight.I did,however,score mine on Craigslist locally for $50,including the carrying case and the shower hose,and four 1 pound LP cans.
ScampBum is offline   Reply With Quote