Power usages - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #57
Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Bob, c'mon. This stuff is easy BUT you have to start with the BATTERY not the charger. To fully charge a battery you have to feed it 14.8 volts. Read my lips! 14 . EIGHT volts.

Now read the specs you just so proudly waved in my face.

Ford has built cars longer than any other manufacturer on the planet and they were killing their owners. Do you remember the pinto? How about the explorer?

So knock it off with the 'been building it x years crap! I ain't buying.

I am an engineer and i sit in on meetings every week where we discuss compromise.

If you are interested in learning what is really required to CORRECTLY charge a battery, please stick around, do your homework and participate. Otherwise throw away your meters and go 'be happy' in another thread! Cause i am dog tired of arguing with you.

Bob please do not take offense, but if you want to learn what PD is NEVER going to tell you, you have to accept that they have their own agenda. If your battery dies from poor charging, PD isn't buying you a new one. It is up to you and i to do our homework. I have done my homework. I have provided links to point you to sources to get educated. Please stop and go do that. Then absolutely do come back and contribute to this thread.

A hint to get you started. 14.8 volts high current, AT the battery terminals, temperature compensated. That is from the horses mouth. The battery manufacturer NOT PD.

jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #58
Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
back to the progressive dynamics charge wizard, I will say that it is a better solution than the charger without the wizard. My biggest problem with it isthat they did not go 2 14.8 volts. Had they done that they would have done it just about everything they could with what they had to work with. Keep in mind that even with the wizard there is no remote sense and then No temperature compensation..

They have no way of knowing how long or what gauge wire the batteries are wired to their charger with. having that wizard is better than not having it. With the wizard an otherwise mediocre charger becomes pretty good. at least it will no longer ruin the batteries, it simply will not charge them all the way up. So in the end the wizard is a good addition, well worth the money spent.

I will likely by the wizard myself simply because it does at least do most of what it needs to do. And the base charger will no longer be ruining my batteries.

jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote