Prep for our first honest to goodness mod revealed…. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #21
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
I realised too late that I'd put it in the wrong forum.

Thank you.

The street side 15 x 10 1/2 Hatch from Great Lakes Skipper came in today.

When the second one comes in Mr. 2yax is going to take them to our locksmith and have them re-keyed for safety and fewer keys to get lost.
Tough enough to have to look at the floor of your camper and see the ground. Now the poor man has to go cutting holes in the side of his camper. No stress there. Then again fortune favors the bold. When I had to enlarge the vent on our fridge I used a jigsaw with a grit blade. Others have said a rotary tool with a grinding bit works well. Perhaps this is a rite of passage to fiberglass camper ownership. Good luck, Raz .
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #22

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
We had talked about the hatches early on, just never did anything about it.

He figured since he had the seats out he may as well do it all at the same time.

He got the template made today...or at least all but the curved part...I think that comes tomorrow.

Slowly we go...

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #23

South Carolina
Registry
Inch by Inch!

The other yax.....Craig

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
Old 03-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #24

South Carolina
Registry
Step by Step...

Didn't sumbunny do a comedy routine back in the black and white TV days...Niagra Falls...don't mention Niagra Falls? Inch by inch...step by step. Something like that.(dating myself there I guess)

Aneee----hooo.....

The template for the floor is done. Now...not being a carpenter type I was IMPRESSED with his work. But...himself says it's a simple, rudimentary template of the style he used for measuring Corian and granite for counter tops in his kitchen/bath builder days. What do I know....I think it's marvelous...it follows the curve of the corner and the slight bow of the back window wall and will make his job much easier when he cuts the master.

So...rudimentary...or what ever...this is it...and I'm impressed. (and if I didn't screw up the upload it is oriented as is the hole in the present floor.)

Josie...
Attached Thumbnails
Template.jpg  

Old 03-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
Raz

So how's the project progressing??? Raz
Old 03-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #26

South Carolina
Registry
Raz...slight delay due to change of mind in bonding materials. He decided to go epoxy all the way and the materials just arrived last week.

We, howsumever, are not at a standstill completely...see my posting "Hatches and Rare Earth" for the companion project while the seats are out.

Josie...

Old 03-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
Raz

Quote:
Raz...slight delay due to change of mind in bonding materials. He decided to go epoxy all the way and the materials just arrived last week.

We, howsumever, are not at a standstill completely...see my posting "Hatches and Rare Earth" for the companion project while the seats are out.

Josie...

Ok just as long as you're not goofing off. "Hatches and Rare Earh" okey-dok
Old 03-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #28

South Carolina
Registry
Goofing off...

gets the Mister in treble....I'm overdue for a scamping trip as is....

Old 03-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I'm overdue for a scamping trip as is....<_<
Sigh, me too
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #30

South Carolina
Registry
Almost there

After a number of delays and life created distractions we are "this close" to being finished with the floor reno. (that has not, howsumever. stopped us from 2 Scamping trips once the flooring was secured to the deck with strips of 2 sided carpet tape.)

What's left is to get the chases complete that cover and protect the newly relocated water and electric.

The wooden cubby you see is functional in two ways....I am short and need assistance getting on the bed and it houses my shoes so they are not scattered willy-nilly across the minimal floor space.

We had originally planned to use Action Packers under the bed, but they cost nearly $20 each. At Lowe's one afternoon we found these for about $5 each. The front 2 will store linens and such. The back 2 will be for seasonal rotation of clothing and bedding once we are on the road more than home. 4 for $20 vs 4 for $80 was a no-brainer for us.

In the end, I love this floor and am glad we replaced the carpeting even so it was a bigger project than we intended. It adds a sort of beachy look I like in addition to the easier maintenance.

Next is visual cabinet updates.

Happy Scamping...

Josie

#1 - after hatches but before water/electrical were raised to accommodate the hatches.

#2 - rough, but getting there.

#3 - the chase under the bed to protect the utilities.

#4 - our new underbed storage boxes and my shoe cubby/step.
Attached Thumbnails
Before water & electrical relocation.jpg   Still rough but getting there.JPG  

Underbed chase.JPG   Underbed storage & shoe cubby.jpg  

Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #31

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I often wonder why people remove such nice items as water tanks, heaters, stove tops, refrigerators, etc. (permanently). do yax r us intend to reinstall the water tank?
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #32

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe and 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe
I pulled the water tank out of the interior to gain the space for outside access.

I located a 25 gal water tank under the trailer tucked in close to the axle.

I also removed the kitchen cabinet with the sink, stove, gas heater, drawer, backsplash
and overhead stove vent/fan.

Why ? We don't cook in the trailer (use BBQ & Microwave), have a sink in the bathroom with hand held shower (for dish washing), have an electric heater (use full hook ups).

Created a bench with larger drawer and storage compartment accessible from outside for
hoses and hook up stuff.

The real reason is so we can have a king size bed in our 13' Casita Patriot Deluxe.

See my build tread " Casita KING 13 Deluxe "
Attached Thumbnails
13 h2o.jpg   13 side comp.jpg  

13 elect.jpg   IMG_2222.jpg  

Glen G is offline   Reply With Quote