Preparing a 1991 Scamp 16 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
I did it to gain the storage space.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Oh
I also have the Marinco parts to change the power cord to the Casita and I have done this to each trailer I have owned.
I mainly want to prevent bugs and rodents from walking in.

Well last weekend I started to rethink this plan.

First someone else who had done this mod forgot his power cable at home. Not likely if it is attached like from the factory!

Second my trailer was positioned about 3 feet from the power pedestal and I only pilled out about 4 feet of cable not letting it touch the ground anywhere again not possible with the detached cord whose entire length would just on the ground if I did the mod?

So I am not so sure now......if it ain't broke,don't fix it!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #16

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Oh
I also have the Marinco parts to change the power cord to the Casita and I have done this to each trailer I have owned.

Well last weekend I started to rethink this plan.

... my trailer was positioned about 3 feet from the power pedestal and I only pulled out about 4 feet of cable not letting it touch the ground anywhere again not possible with the detached cord whose entire length would just on the ground if I did the mod?
How long is the cord? How about keeping the cord coiled up with a bungee, figure out how to hang the coil from the Power Pedestal (Maybe rigging a portable hose rack), and extend a little bit from each end of the coiled cord?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #17

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ed, Thanks for the pictures. I know what you mean about rodents. Before we bought our Scamp one had been living near the water tank.

Carol, I looked at your pictures and was wondering what the box under the dinette is.

Norm
Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #18

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Not letting it touch the ground anywhere good point.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
The problem with the Scamps (or at least the 90's on) is the back window is so big/tall there is only about 6" between the top of the window and the roof so its use is pretty limited to very small stuff. Wish it was like yours ED as it would be far more useful.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #20

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Carol, I looked at your pictures and was wondering what the box under the dinette is.

Norm
That box is for odds and ends - it actually has a large pot for cooking crabs etc in it that does not fit in the cabinets, within the pot are other items that I need to get at most trips - such as place mats, table cloth, outdoor lights, candles etc. It does tend to collect homeless *stuff* and needs to be cleaned out often :-) Its small enough that the bed can go down on top of it or 4 people can sit at the table without it being in the way of anyones feet.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #21

Florida
Under Dinette Cabinets

These are two slide out drawers located under the driver's side dinette. Each draw contains a plastic bin (14x11x9). Each draw has locking slides.

Note also the new outlet in the corner of the dinette. There is an identical outlet in the passenger's side dinette and an additional outlet in the rear corner of the passenger's side dinette.

This represents 3 of the 6 outlets we've added. A fourth outlet is located under the rear bumper.

Our new shortened trable is not in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Under Dinette Drawers.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #22

Florida
Under Fridge Storage.

Thie space is L shaped due to the wheel well. The rear most portion is deep enough for a case of soda. The pullout plastic basket can hold 12 15oz cans and 2 lbs of pasta.

This space has a fold down front.
Attached Thumbnails
Under fridge soda and can storage.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #23

Florida
Sink front toothbrush holder

This is a small flip down holder for two toothbrushed and toothpaste. It uses one of our plastic trays. We have also have 3 of those trays on the overhead cabinet support.
Attached Thumbnails
Toothbrush and paste storage.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #24

Florida
Under Couch drawer

This is our under couch drawer. It is 16x16x7.5" and contains a plastic bin. This drawer also has locking slides.

Note the new outlet next to the drawer. (I just noticed it's not in the picture; it's to the immediate right of the draw, sorry.)

As well there is an outlet box with a single socket in the compartment at the other end of the couch.

This compartment contains the Converter and the Inverter. This outlet is used to power the Converter and could be used to distribute the Inverter's output to all trailer outlets. When used to distribute AC the Inverter is unplugged.

The standard center compartment contains two plastic bins identical to those under the dinette.
Attached Thumbnails
Under Couch Drawer.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #25

Florida
Storage baskets Dinette

We like to have a night time place for items like glasses, phones, .... We have always used these white plastic baskets, 3 for $1.17 at Walmart. In this case they are held on by tywraps.

They are not as attractive as some solutions but work well, easy to reach and not expensive.

(The basket in the background is being used for temporary tool storage.)
Attached Thumbnails
Storage baskets Dinette.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #26

Florida
Storage Baskets Bathroom

We also have 2 baskets screwed to the door frame inside the bathroom. These are not as long as the ones nears the dinette but they are wider. We plan to increase the number of this size.

Here we use them for small bathroom items like clippers, razors, tubes of cream, ....

We also use a larger size at floor level.
Attached Thumbnails
Storage baskets bathroom.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #27

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
These are two slide out drawers located under the driver's side dinette. Each draw contains a plastic bin (14x11x9). Each draw has locking slides.

Note also the new outlet in the corner of the dinette. There is an identical outlet in the passenger's side dinette and an additional outlet in the rear corner of the passenger's side dinette.

This represents 3 of the 6 outlets we've added. A fourth outlet is located under the rear bumper.

Our new shortened trable is not in place.
Nice work! Is there an easy place to tie into power for outlets on a Scamp?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #28

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
Nice work! Is there an easy place to tie into power for outlets on a Scamp?
Outlets.

We expanded our breaker box to four 15 amp breakers; it previously had three breakers.

One breaker (A) is used to supply the 2 boxes at the couch. I ran this wire under the floor to the couch rather than trying to snake it thru the walls. This breaker also supplies the fridge and the outlet at the end of the stove's counter.

One breaker ( supplies the outlet at the end of sink side counter, an existing run. It is also used to supply the new outlet at the front of the passenger's side dinette.

One breaker (C) is used to supply the new outlet at the front of the driver's side dinette. It also supplies the outlet at the rear of the passenger's side dinette and the outlet at the rear bumper. This group is supplied by a direct run from breaker to rear dinette to rear bumper to front of driver's side dinette. The rear bumper outlet is reached thru a hole in the floor under the dinette.

The final breaker (D) is reserved for the Air conditioner if ever added. The propsed AC unit only draws 5 amps.

Though there are upto 4 outlet pairs on a breaker, most outlets have really light loads, computers, phone chargers, TV. The most used outlet pair is next to the sink; used for toast and coffee in the morning.

We do not have a microwave or toaster oven. Our coffee pot draws just 5 amps.

Hope that helps

Norm

Tags
scamp