Privacy curtain for porta-pottie - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2003, 12:26 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Privacy curtain for porta-pottie

This hardly counts as a mod, but it worked well for me. My trailer fetching trip was made with a friend. We both tend to be the modest type and the Trill is not exactly built for privacy. How to delicately handle porta-pottie usage and clothing changes without requiring someone to wait outside?

It dawned on me that a simple shower curtain tension rod could be placed across the trailer between the closet and the kitchen cabinets. I threaded a spare sheet over it and voila, privacy with little trouble and very little weight. Easy up, easy stow, and cheap. It allows just enough room to slide the pottie back and forth as needed at night (gotta stop drinking so much water!) and enough room for both of us to change in complete privacy.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 01:55 PM   #2

:yep That thinking on the go, JR, good idea. I used something like that in my motorhome. at the foot of the bed. gave me sleepy time while Tom had his coffee with no lights in the eyes for me. had it low enough the air conditioner air could still get to me.
and what about those public shower facilities with no curtain. you might be able to use that for some privacy there to dress. might be worth thinking about.

Old 07-20-2003, 11:57 PM   #3

Good idea, Jana. I'll have it handy for any such shower emergencies.

Old 11-14-2022, 09:45 PM   #4

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Northwood Nash 22/1977 Trillium 4500
Washington
I love the idea of having an extendable shower curtain handy for showers without curtains. Dod not realize there were such places but would hate to be without once we are raving for longer stretches and might run into such a situation. Great idea! Thanks!!!
Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote