Propex 2211 Heater Install - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #1

Name: Brad
Trailer: Scamp
British Columbia
Propex 2211 Heater Install

Hi All,

Fantastic resource here. Thanks for all your input.

I have just purchased a Propex 2211 heater (to mount externally) for my 2012 Scamp '16. It comes with Suburban Heater which really pumps out the heat but is too loud for a family of light sleepers. (will be selling soon if anyone is in the market). I'm wondering if anyone has any experience installing/using these. Any Gotcha's to be aware of? I'll post an update after I complete the job with a review of the Propex vs. the Suburban as well as how I did it.

Thanks

Old 03-15-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
I will be following your thread with interest Brad, that is the exact heater I a considering for my Boler 13

Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Here is a recent thread on the subject:
Lil Snoozy Propane Furnace Installation
And another:
Dave & Paula's Lil Snoozy mods in progress.

I believe both Denny and Dave are active on the forum, so you might send PMs asking for suggestions on the project.

I hear you about the noise from the factory unit. On our 13', it is closer to the bed than I like, too.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #4

British Columbia
Thx mates. I'll check out the links you sent me. Much appreciated. I will likely be doing the project at the end of this month. I'll post when I get it done. Allbest
Old 03-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #5

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 15B17G, 1986.
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad j View Post
Hi All,

Fantastic resource here. Thanks for all your input.

I have just purchased a Propex 2211 heater (to mount externally) for my 2012 Scamp '16. It comes with Suburban Heater which really pumps out the heat but is too loud for a family of light sleepers. (will be selling soon if anyone is in the market). I'm wondering if anyone has any experience installing/using these. Any Gotcha's to be aware of? I'll post an update after I complete the job with a review of the Propex vs. the Suburban as well as how I did it.

Thanks

You can download the pdf instruction if you have not :

HS2211 underfloor installation - Propex Heating & Leisure
Gilles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #6

British Columbia
Smile Installed

Hi all. I haven't had chance to take pictures and post a more detailed account yet re: the installation (it will happen, I just have to find the time...). I will give a high level report for now and am happy to respond to specific questions for anyone considering the purchase a proper heater.

First, I purchased mine from Propex Canada/Aurora sales through their Website. They are located in Duncan BC and do primarily marine installations of the Propex but also distribute to Canada. There support was fantastic (and needed since the wiring harness came incorrectly wired from the manufacturer). Once we determined the problem, Chris sorted it out and got me a new one in 1 week.

Is it quieter than the new suburban heater mine came with? -- Yes.
Does it work well in the space? -- Yes - It really kicks out the heat.
Is it easy to install? - Relatively simple. It does come with a male 3/8 gas fitting out the back which is threaded to british standard thread so you will have to order that from a specialty gas fitting website online. My view is that being sold in Canada, Propex should have included it or at least mention that it is required but...minor frustration.

I ended up installing it inside the RV after all but may move it outside later as it's not too hard. I still ended up gaining storage space by replacing the installed Suburban.

Anyone looking for a suburban heater give me PM and I'll send you the details. It works great but was too loud for this light sleeper.