Propex HS2000 Heater Installation Complete! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #21

Name: Gerry
Trailer: 17' Casita FD
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
Great. Now I am fired up to get going on this!

Well it only took me a year to do this project. I actually bought a propex heater last summer, but never got a round tuit. I had some time in the last couple of weeks and we are gearing up for some early season camping, so...here it is! This is in our 17' Casita.

When the left door closes the vent neatly slides into the duct which is mounted on a bracket. At first I put foam on the vent insert piece where the duct butts up to it, but later determined it is not necessary.

We didn't even lose storage space! Everything we stored under the sink still fits.

GerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #22

Name: Ryan
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16- side bath
Virginia
Neat looking and small heater!

Those containers on the back of your cabinets doors are also cool- can you send me a link to them?
Ryan P R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #23

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P R View Post
Neat looking and small heater!

Those containers on the back of your cabinets doors are also cool- can you send me a link to them?
The PO installed those, and some of the jars are old prescription bottles. If you google "spice clips" you will find many suppliers of the racks. They are handy!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
As said, there are dozens of versions of spice containers / racks. And, I tried them. I find it much more convenient to leave the spices in the original bottles, already labeled, and you don't have to transfer contents to the bottles that fit the rack. When you are done camping, you can bring them into the house and use them. Spices should be fresh and kept cool and dark, so you don't really want to keep them in the trailer for years.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #25

Name: Ryan
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16- side bath
Virginia
I agree- I don't and won't keep spices in my trailer.

I would use them for something else if I got them. I just like how they are attached to the back of the door.
Ryan P R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I always find that if I have three screws in one of those containers, I need four.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #27

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Mouse or Gerry, any updates on this? What size heater did you use, Gerry?

This looks like a NICE option that's smaller, quieter, and better BTU sizing than the Suburbans or Atwoods!
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #28

Massachusetts
I am using the HS2000. No complaints, it has been great for us. I used it last spring & fall, and I'm ready to use it again this week if all goes well. I have had no problems with it.
If I am somewhere with electricity I use a small cube heater and/or electric blanket (but still fire the Propex regularly to exercise it). Off grid/remote state parks, etc it is the Propex all the way. It heats the camper well for us (just have to leave the bathroom door open at night to get heat in there too). I am happy with the choice.
-Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate R View Post
Mouse or Gerry, any updates on this? What size heater did you use, Gerry?

This looks like a NICE option that's smaller, quieter, and better BTU sizing than the Suburbans or Atwoods!