Put some rain guards over the side windows - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
I have the Window Max installed on this side. Keeps rain out with the Fantastic Fan on max. the Window Max screws into the window frame, not the trailer wall and is a fairly easy install.

You will see above the window a strip of standard vinyl J channel that I installed above both side windows and over the back door to catch rain coming off of the roof. I attached it with some 3M 'Pretty Darn Sticky"(I forget the part number) double sided tape. Works OK in light rain, but not in a storm. If you think this will work for you, I would extend it a bit further beyond the window frame. It would work better over a true vertically mounted window. It does do a good job over the door.
Attached Thumbnails

The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
Commercial Member
Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
I also have a blank of a time opening the sliding window. It's hard to tell when it's locked or not and then it never slides easily. I tried the trick of rubbing a bar of soap in the track but it didn't seem to help. Does anyone have some ideas as to how to easily open the slider?
Pick up a can of spray silicone lubricant; it'll spread under the slider section and won't wash out as easily as soap does.

Charlie Y

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #17
Name: Al
Trailer: Salem cruise lite
Hi guys couldn't help reading your post which there all good but if I may say I was having the same problem until I thought I try putting the same guards I have in my back window of my Chevy Tahoe n I must say they work great not only it keeps the rain out but I can open my slider window with no problems n there not screwed in also they stay on wen I'm driving down 95 doing 70mph.

AL1 is offline   Reply With Quote