Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #1

Name: Nick
Trailer: In the Market for a Scamp
Michigan
Putting bed in 13' Scamp Bathroom

I am looking into a used Scamp 13' without a bathroom. They seem a lot harder to find than the ones with the bathroom. Has anyone switched out the bathrrom and put in a bed? Any ideas on how to go about this or if it would be too much work?

Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Welcome Nick
There was a thread just a few weeks ago W/ pictures. They left the divider wall in place but removed the door and wall leading to the front of the trailer. The trailer did not have a shower and rat fur covered the walls. The divider walls were great for adding shelves for storage. I'm not sure if the trailer came with a commode or not. Removing the commode is not a big deal. If the trailer you are looking at has white shower walls I don't think it will come out looking as good as the rat fur walls. I will try to find the post. The 13 Scamps with baths are usually harder to find than the goucho models.
Eddie

Old 07-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Scamp lists the parts you need for the front couch in the parts area, but as mentioned, you will be creating a lot of other issues when you take out the two walls involved as well as the loo.

That said, the front "BED" is a child size bed that is only about 22" wide.

From my own observations as a former 13' Scamp owner, I think that 13's without front bath outnumber those so equipped by at least 5:1

And while some don't seem to care, those kind of modifications can have a negative impact on resale value.

Now, you could just buy the 13' Lil Bigfoot I have for sale and not have to worry about it.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oregon
Hi Nick, to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here

There was a thread in the past two months, where someone was looking to buy a trailer that had been modified just as you suggest. Basically the owner had taken out the toilet (only) and put in a bed. Kinda like sleeping in a closet! The walls were left in place and the door was taken off. If I can find the thread, I'll post it and you can read the comments.

Personally, I'd keep looking to find the layout you want... but, that's just me.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oregon
Here's a 13' Casita you might want to check out: 1991 13' Casita Travel Trailer | Chicago, IL | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp