Quietest air conditioner? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2018, 03:26 AM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbear View Post
Forgive my curiosity but what is that unit beside the mini split that has a bungee cord around it? Thanks
I've followed his build but I didn't read back through his posts, but I think that is the on demand hot water heater.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #22

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
The stainless steel box is a Fastar tankless water heater.
A friend used on of these on his BBQ contest trailer and I shamelessly copied the idea.
As a matter of fact he fabricated the stainless steel and Lexan box to keep it out of the weather.
The only problem is that i will produce more HOT water than is needed and needs to be carefully adjusted, but there is no limit to the amount of hot water except the LP gas and water available.
The LP to heat the water is very small and with 4 months of use we have gone through about 1/2 of a tank, but this is the only use of the LP.
One feature is that 6 gallons (48 lbs) of water is not trapped in the hot water heater.
One drawback is that although the water only takes a few seconds to heat the transfer from the heater to the sink etc still takes some time.
One fix for that would be to use 3/8" PEX tubing instead of 1/2.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #23

Name: Billy Sharpstick
Trailer: Scamp 13 - 2005
Florida
Registry
Evaporative coolers, aka swamp coolers work well in arid climates, but in wetter climates do not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
. . . TurboKool. It's based on a design using evaporative cooling,
sharpstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #24

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
The small desk top swamp cooler is too small to do much more than cool your hand and would be useless in the South.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #25

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
2 friends had home made 5-gallon bucket swamp coolers they used to cool their tents / homebrew trailers at the last Golden State Star Party where it was up the upper 90s every day but very dry and arid (NE California in July). they went through a LOT of water, like 5-10 gallons per day each just running the swampers a few hours in the heat of the afternoon. they were begging for melt water from our coolers each day from everyone around them.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote