Re placing blinds in Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: Casita Spirit deluxe 2011
Virginia
Registry
Re placing blinds in Casita

I would like to replace the blinds in my Casita with curtains. Can anyone who has done this give me some advise?
Jim and Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:48 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
i replaced the blinds around the bed with curtains. using the same holes that the blinds mounted to i screwed a flat piece of thin wood (1 1/2" x 1/4") the same length as the windows are wide. then eye hooks screwed into that with small hooks (think cup hooks) and a round wooden dowel. the curtains have a loop sewn at the top to slide over the dowels. the material for these curtains is microfiber (towels actually). the cool thing about microfiber is that it sticks to the carpeted walls like velcro. to open the curtains just put them where you want them and press against the carpet. sometimes i roll from the bottom and they stay above the windows totally out of the way. remember, i'm a guy and not into the finer points of window dressing...i'm all about function.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #3

Name: Denise
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Curtains

I didn't remove the blinds, but I installed curtains throughout my Casita by using plastic tracks and track snaps on the curtains. They look like the runners you see around the beds in a hospital for the privacy curtains. The tracks came in 8 ft. lengths and I cut them to the proper length for the windows around the bed in the back. I mounted them using the clear 3M tape (10lb) underneath the cabinets. You choose the sew in snap tape for the back of the curtains and the appropriate hang-down sliders. The sliders snap onto the snaps on the tape and you just run them onto the tracks.
For the dinette side I had to mount the track onto the front of the blinds at the top because the cabinet is narrower than the back ones and the tracks will not fit behind the lights. I cut it to extend 6" past each end to cover the window well. For this I purchased the glider sew in tape for the curtains which has the sliders already on it for horizontal sliding.
I found THIS source for everything and they are in Houston, TX:
Curtain Tracks & Drapery Track Systems | Curtain-Tracks.com

Parts for the back windows:
RECMAR 3110 Track; RECMAR 3091 Sew-in snap tape; RECMAR 8120 Ball Head Carrier; RECMAR 3032 Curtain Track End Stop

For the dinette window:
Same except instead of the Snap Tape and Ball Carriers, RECMAR 2097 Sew-in Glide Tape.

Hope this wasn't too confusing. I can try and get pics if that will help. I learned about this at a rally last year from a couple with an Independence model and know quite a few people that have used the idea. Works great.
wellduh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
To me, the blinds were pretty awful--collecting dust, falling down, getting bent. But I kept the blinds but cable tied them up in case the next owner wanted them. Then I attached some custom brackets to the ends of the blinds to hold curtain rods.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim and Charlotte View Post
I would like to replace the blinds in my Casita with curtains. Can anyone who has done this give me some advise?
I replacement my with Shades. I don't want to rewrite my post so here is a link.
I hope this works:

Let's Try Again, Shades Installed! - The Casita Club Forum - The Casita Club Forums

you may have to copy and paste it

tom
Tom Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:29 AM   #6

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita
New York
I like this idea about the curtain tracks. I see the was a few years ago, do you have any complaints about this system or is all still fine for you?
Do they curtains stay in place when driving, or do they tend to slide in the tracks? And does that even matter?

Thanks~!
Sturdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita