We didn't take as many pictures as we should have, and the ones that are left were hard to find on the old computer, but the work was completed in about 4 hot weeks in August-September, 2003.
The very first thing we did was to get rid of the table. We kept the hardware for possible future re-install.
Next to go was the old carpet. Since it was installed under the bunks, we cut it out between them (the carpet was like new under the bunks). Then we laid down a new plywood floor (I think we used 1/2 inch for weight
saving). Glued and screwed.
Then to the local flooring company to pick out a sheet of nice linoleum. Found a roll long and wide enough, made a paper pattern of the entire floor and cut the linoleum to fit.
During our down time we're tearing the bunks apart. Getting rid of the old doorskin that was used as top and sides and figuring out how we were going to strengthen the frame, make the storage area more accessible, etc.
This is the starboard side before the carpet was removed. You can see the 4 access holes in the top of the bunk. As I remember, the original storage was divided into two compartments. We thought four would be better (things travel better in smaller storage areas).