Almost-after, meaning they're still not quite done yet. But the process was kind of interesting (to me). Though...I doubt anyone else would be carving huge "hope for the best" holes in their eggs like I did, but you never know.
Although the final painting
isn't done--so don't judge that, the finals are bolted in through the metal with washer-ed locknut bolts, 6 each, they're much stronger than the plexi was. And the frame to which they're attached is fiberglassed to be 'one' with the egg. Also the black caulking I kind of messed up, but I'll sand that off before the final marine paint
coat. And they open! I can get a cross-breeze from stem to stern.
I had to really do many trials and mostly error, to get beyond the compound curvature problem, but I resolved it.
Basically I built a great stuff foam frame by setting the windows
in temporarily, and framing them with cardboard, backfilling with foam, removing the windows
and cardboard, then fiberglassing over the foam (I tried polyfiber as recommended on some sites but didn't like it much). After making a huge mess and at many points thinking I'd doomed the egg to the junk yard, I made it work somehow. After many iterations it will get better.
My photos are not uploading presently, but I'll put them up as soon as they do.
I keep trying, shrinking, different file types, no luck as yet...