Rear Bunk Beds???? - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to JIM KRAMME
Has anyone made the rear bed into bunk beds? It seams like that would be more comfortable. Also if you always leave the bed set up does anyone have any good ideas of how to make a good table to eat on the front gaucho. One that wouldn't take up too much room?

Old 01-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
IM BUILDING A TABEL NOW FOR THE FRONT I WILL POST PIC AS SOON AS IM DONE ..im useing a old sat dish roof mounting hardware minus the dish. its hard to picture in your head but once you see a pic it will be real easy to do

Dan

Old 01-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Check out Home Depot or other stores like that for a plastic top/ folding height adjustable metal legged table....about $20 or less....We use one for the two of us and it`s just fine....the tops on these tables are same material as the folding banquet tables...Benny
Old 01-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #4

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Jim, I have been tossing that question around for months. I wanted the side dinette model but ended up with the front couch instead. I have been thinking about and looking for lap top trays (that have to be layed in my lap). I can't imagine 2 people sitting at the front goucho, and having room to move with a table in front of them.
I am really interested in seeing that one from home depot if you have pictures. Is it better than a TV tray?

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #5

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Have spent a lot of years backpacking I keep wondering about the need for a table to eat at. If your meals don't consist of something that needs to be cut, the plate held in one hand and the fork in the other seems to work quite well. The only thing that would be nice is a place to set a cup of coffee. To solve that problem I got one of the "Quick Fold Tag Along" tables. Small but enough room to set a couple cups, salt and pepper shakers, etc.
Folds up and fits nicely against the closet wall in an otherwise unusable space.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to JIM KRAMME
Thanks for the ideas. My wife thinks she needs a table but the space is really limited in front expecially with the side bath. Keep the ideas coming.
Thanks,
Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #7

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I just searched for +front +table and got a number of hits on topics....don't know if you've seen them all or not, and if not, would be worth a look.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:11 PM   #8

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1981 13' Burro project/ 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab
Minnesota
Registry
We use a small fold up alumuum table bought at Walmart. That way if it nice out we move out side and enjoy the great out doors.
I had built a table for the inside and we quite using it last year., Also I had a custom made matress made for the back of the Burro last spring, worth every penny I paid for it.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
East Monsoon

Quote:
We use a small fold up alumuum table bought at Walmart. :thumb That way if it nice out we move out side and enjoy the great out doors. :sunny
I had built a table for the inside and we quite using it last year., Also I had a custom made matress made for the back of the Burro last spring, worth every penny I paid for it. :thumb
Dan

Any pics on the horizon? Sounds like a great idea.

Daniel