rearrange the funiture - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2003, 09:02 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
rearrange the funiture

I finally went out to start the tranformatin of Buttercup. -last week. first really pretty day and I showed up draging the box of tools. problem right off. none of the screwdrivers fit. those crazy people put screws with square holes. all mine were flat or phillips. poo.

two days ago, started again, new shinny kit with all sizes of funny screwdrivers. thank heaven I bought the set. two sizes of square ones, two sizes a flats and a phillip have been used so far (I think the carpenter used one kind, the electrician used another and then there is the other owners) plus a drill, hammer and pry bar for those rusted in ones.

I envisioned taking out six screws per cabinet moving cabinet to new spot and reinstalling. wrong. they were built in place. everything had to be torn down. but I found wood that crumbled and splintered. AND the rug stinks. to get the rug out I have to take out every little thing. but the best surprise was the insulation. it looks almost new. only problems are the stain from the windows. should clean easily.

next, I tackle the sink and ref. I love tearing things apart. hope I love putting it back.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:43 AM   #2

Hi Jana
Have fun with your project.One thing I learned was not to try to do every job perfectly.Do your best and have fun.:wave

Old 03-24-2003, 02:26 PM   #3

Jana

:banana Yeehaw!:banana You go, girl!:banana

Old 03-24-2003, 05:47 PM   #4

repairs

Those funny square screws are Robertsons- a Canadian thing eh !!!
they were our answer to the phillips, cause we didn't like it when you overtightened a phillips a quarter turn and it stripped, you can get at least a half turn too much on a Robertson before it strips

have fun doing your reno's if you take life too seriously it'll make you old before your time