Rebuild of a Trillium Sportsman - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #15

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
The next item I made was a porta potti closet. It had to be out of the way yet easy to get at, the boler we had it sat out in the floor area - what a pain. always stumbling around and over it. So the front bench was designed so I could put a inner cabinet into the corner right to the left of the door. It had to have no door so I decided I would make a tambour door, it just rolls up out of the way. It is Walnut stained fir and pine with clear varathane over.. The pictures show it nicely tucked away. The plywood under is just a shim to simulate 3/8 inch rubber interlocking flooring.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0847.JPG   IMG_0848.JPG  

Old 04-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #16

British Columbia
the snow started to fly so was forced in to do the things that could be done inside a warm shop. I bought two windows 1 was good with just a revamp the other I had to chop off the slider half. These windows I got at the auto wreckers, they where out of a Okanagan trailer I would say early 80s date wise. The only two panel jalousie windows I could find. I started by marking a cut line on the extrusion to remove half of the double center extrusion then marked the vertical cut then the very short horizontal so as to leave the outer flange. then the outer flange cut. please don't mind the no guard on the zip disc. yes it is foolish but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0823.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	57687 I then drilled all the new mounting holes. I don't have a picture of the finished window yet but will post when installed in the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0826.JPG   IMG_0833.JPG  

IMG_0836.JPG   IMG_0837.JPG  

IMG_0828.JPG   IMG_0834.JPG  

Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #17

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
If I was your Mother I'd box your ears for using that zipper without a guard, young man!

There...I feel like I've Done My Duty

Francesca

P.S.

Here's hoping you don't earn the nickname "Stumpy" anytime soon...
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #18

British Columbia
I have been a carpenter for 35 years and still have all my didgets. Come close a few times, but that is with 10s of thousands of cuts with all types of equipment, all which could remove a didget or two without even a blink. but sometimes ya Just gotta do what ya gotta do. But I should be taken out behind the woodpile and?!!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #19

Registry
Just puttin' you on there, Ryan...couldn't resist!

Francesca
Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #20

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Ryan I'm on your side!
Them DAMN guards, if you used those little grinders much
you know what I mean.

PS
Havin a hell of a time typin, cut the middle didget on saw with no guard!!!!

PS
Is ther any good racin at the speedway these days?
I raced late models in the 80's
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #21

Registry
You guys crack me up.

You also remind me of my Father-in-Law, who removed the guard from the weedeater so he could cut a bigger swath...I found this out when I asked him why he wrapped cardboard around his shins when he was getting ready to "do some yardwork"!

Francesca
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #22

British Columbia
hi Fred lots of good racing At the Motorplex speedway MotoPlex Speedway + Event Park Two trailer races this year one in June the other in Aug. they are hit to pass trailer racing and are a blast to watch. A couple of vintage ones last year got wrecked, was a shame. I heard that the bandage procedure for fingers or whatever goes like - find alcohol to diinfect cut then drink alcohol to disinfect the mind. put on bandage then continue drinking alcohol until the cut is diinfected from the inside out. LOL
Ryan
Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #23

British Columbia
just got the ensolite I can hardly believe after 3 months it is finally here and I can touch it. Looks real close to the old boler stuff just the difference of the outer skin. It shall be installed in the coming days. I am sure glad most of the other stuff is done and just ready for final fits after ensolite installed. I made all the window inner frames over the winter and all stained and clear coated. the pictures are of the windows showing the inside face with the window screen frames (which I cut down from larger ones) The wood frames are the inside pieces that the outside mounting screws drill into. I made the front window one also as the front window gets the same treatment as all the rest of the stuff- out it comes reseal and reinstall with new inner frame. Even the cieling vent comes out then reseal and reinstall after the ensolite is installed. Can hardly wait I want to do it all right this minute!!!
Ryan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0841.JPG   IMG_0843.JPG  

IMG_0845.JPG   IMG_0842.JPG  

IMG_0844.JPG  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #24

British Columbia
Now that I have the ensolite and the 4 cans of hp15 spray adhesive warming up just have to install. One little problem I discovered when about to wash off the grime on old paint to start ensolite is that the last coat of paint had not stuck to the previous coats of paint. Bummer!!! Just more work as the paint had to be removed. Out with the grinder with flexible sanding disc and 80 grit paper, mask, goggles and 4- 5 hours later paint was mostly gone. What a dusty mess it made. got a little itchy towards end of job but it is done. Pictures show the problem then the others are of job done, also took one of the roll of ensolite from Trillium USA. It is still cold here in the am -2.5c at 7 am today so will have to wait for test piece glue up until this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0930.JPG   IMG_0932.JPG  

IMG_0929.JPG  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Did Tom give you any pointers for working with the Ensolite, (or it's reasonable facsimile)?
I understand that heat helps stretch the Ensolite, but I have no idea really. I have to think that this is a process that one would benefit from experience with.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #26

British Columbia
Good morning David
I didn't ask Tom anything about the installation. I have a pretty good handle on the problem. I did some rat fur installation in some of Waterway's Houseboats a few years ago and I think apart from the weight and bulk it has to be close as to procedure for getting it up without any wrinkles.
I have pictured in the back of my mind a fellow (possibly myself) who has the stuff stuck all over himself, like walking into a fly sticky tape. Believe me I do not want that to happen although my wife will post pictures if that happens, (darn her) and you will hear the laughter in Alberta from her here.
The first piece is 18 ft long and goes straight down the middle of the ceiling from top of rear door to top of front bench seat. The front window is now ready to remove and will remove roof vent also for this. I am going to glue the center up first and then work myself outward and rearward then the front last, will glue as I go then trim edges with edge trowel and razor knife. I will post pictures as I go, Deb will have the camera out waiting to catch Ryan all stuck on sticky ensolite. LOL
Old 04-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #27

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I look forward to it, (either way).
Old 04-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Wishing you well and successful Ryan Just make sure to cover your hair, that glue is sticky stuff!!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium