Recovering Cabinet Doors - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Posts: 51
I'm not a big fan of the "wood look" doors which are factory installed from Scamp. Well, they make a self adhesive vinal lyner typically used to cover old looking refrigerators. Since I was not really found of the typicaly white look on my fridge, I gave it a try. Looks great. I found myself with lots of extra vinal. Just for kicks I cut a swatch the exact size of one of my cabinet doors (not the entire size as I left out the demensions of the beveled part), and stuck it over the ugly wood look. It looks great!! I went back to Lowes and purchased one additional roll ($6) and covered all of my cabinet doors and my cat. I can't recall the manufacturer of the product at this time but will provide an update next week when I return home. Keep in mind you don't need to use the same brand. Any contact paper or wall paper (don't forget your 3m Spray Adhesive) will suffice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0998s.jpg   IMG_0995s.jpg  

IMG_0997s.jpg  
__________________

__________________
LeBoutillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Miriam's Avatar
 
Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Posts: 220
Registry
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the "wood look" doors which are factory installed from Scamp. Well, they make a self adhesive vinal lyner typically used to cover old looking refrigerators. Since I was not really found of the typicaly white look on my fridge, I gave it a try. Looks great. I found myself with lots of extra vinal. Just for kicks I cut a swatch the exact size of one of my cabinet doors (not the entire size as I left out the demensions of the beveled part), and stuck it over the ugly wood look. It looks great!! I went back to Lowes and purchased one additional roll ($6) and covered all of my cabinet doors and my cat. I can't recall the manufacturer of the product at this time but will provide an update next week when I return home. Keep in mind you don't need to use the same brand. Any contact paper or wall paper (don't forget your 3m Spray Adhesive) will suffice.
That looks SOOOO much nicer!

- Miriam
__________________

__________________
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Posts: 1,125
Looks great!!!
__________________
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
I went back to Lowes and purchased one additional roll ($6) and covered all of my cabinet doors and my cat.
Does the vinyl help keep the cat from shedding?

Sorry... couldn't help m'self... going to my room now...

Roger
__________________
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
Member
 
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Posts: 51
Quote:
Does the vinyl help keep the cat from shedding?

Sorry... couldn't help m'self... going to my room now...

Roger
Yes, it truly helps (just wanted to make sure everyone was paying attention)
__________________
LeBoutillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Karalyn's Avatar
 
Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Posts: 844
Looks great! Is it a contact paper? I don't see any wrinkles (and I know I would not get a smooth look like that). You did a great job
__________________
Karalyn
http://karalynsmaltese.com/</B>
Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.


Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #7
Member
 
Jollean's Avatar
 
Trailer: Boler
Posts: 32
Send a message via ICQ to Jollean Send a message via MSN to Jollean
I would be interested in knowing how you got it so smooth as well. I have some super ugly cuboards and that looks sharp!
__________________
Jollean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Miriam's Avatar
 
Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Posts: 220
Registry
Quote:
I would be interested in knowing how you got it so smooth as well. I have some super ugly cuboards and that looks sharp!
GREAT air conditioning! LOL!


- Miriam
__________________
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Barbara Gardin's Avatar
 
Name: Barbara
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Posts: 203
I would really like to know all about this vinyl. Brand name, size, cost, colours etc.
__________________
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
Member
 
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Posts: 51
Quote:
Looks great! Is it a contact paper? I don't see any wrinkles (and I know I would not get a smooth look like that). You did a great job
Its more like "vinal paper" with a textured finish. It was easy to adhere without wrinkles.
__________________
LeBoutillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #11
Moderator
 
Gina D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Posts: 9,016
Registry
that looks mahvahlus!
__________________

__________________
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upper Cabinet Doors Michelle GB Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 07-20-2010 05:57 PM
rehanging the cabinet doors Kelly G Modifications, Alterations and Updates 4 05-23-2009 12:14 AM
cabinet doors Rarebird Modifications, Alterations and Updates 15 12-07-2008 10:05 AM
cabinet doors any ideas? david john Modifications, Alterations and Updates 3 02-16-2007 07:16 AM
cabinet doors, Do we replace them? Ryan Kennelly Modifications, Alterations and Updates 26 05-29-2006 09:45 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.