Refurbishing a 1975 13' Scamp - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #57

Name: Michelle
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
Donna, thanks for the input on the springs. We are using them although I don't think they are on in all of the pictures.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #58

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
AWESOME. Love the work your doing. Love the porthole in the door. What are you going to cover the insulation with on the interior?

Rick

Old 12-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #59

Pennsylvania
Rick, I'm actually going to have to take the reflectix back down. I decided that I wasn't up to the task of covering over it so I tracked down an auto / marine upholsterer that will do the job. Understandably, he is not comfortable putting his work over mine. He's going to use some type of padding for insulation and then cover it with a forgiving headliner fabric (Flexform). I would have preferred a smoother surface, but he recommended this for form, fit and function purposes. Are you familiar with this type of headliner fabric?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 12-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #60

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Registry
Looks like Scamp Rat Fur and that is what I am trying to stay away from.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM Moats View Post
Rick, I'm actually going to have to take the reflectix back down. I decided that I wasn't up to the task of covering over it so I tracked down an auto / marine upholsterer that will do the job. Understandably, he is not comfortable putting his work over mine. He's going to use some type of padding for insulation and then cover it with a forgiving headliner fabric (Flexform). I would have preferred a smoother surface, but he recommended this for form, fit and function purposes. Are you familiar with this type of headliner fabric?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #61

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
...... He's going to use some type of padding for insulation and then cover it with a forgiving headliner fabric (Flexform).
"padding" is so non-descript. Just make sure it's not some sort of open-celled foam. Any moisture and it will suck it up like a sponge. THAT'S why lots of these trailers use the reflectix. You not only want the interior to look nice, but you do need the insulation factor offered by reflectix or something similar.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:10 AM   #62

Pennsylvania
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1402225538.562144.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	72098. After a long winter's rest in the shop and a spring paint job, the scamp is finally ready to come home. I'm anxious to finish the interior and get it on the road. First outing is in three weeks.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #63

Name: will
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Wyoming
Looking GREAT!!!!!!!!

Will
Old 06-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #64

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
I missed this thread when you originally started it, but wow!, you're doing a great job on this trailer. Looking really good - love the paint job and the round window in the door!
Old 06-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #65

Name: Slavomir
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Washington
Wow, looks stunning! We are painting ours orange/white as well when the body is done and seeing yours gets me even more excited!
Slav
Old 06-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #66

Pennsylvania
We finally brought it home today! I thought I'd share a few more pictures. Now, to finish the inside...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1402363087.967406.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	72161Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1402363105.009832.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	72162Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1402363120.822523.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	72163Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1402363133.771217.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	72164Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1402363150.271417.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	72165
Old 06-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #67

Washington
Turned out stunning! How 'bout some interior pics?
Cheers,
Slav
Old 06-10-2014, 03:55 AM   #68

Pennsylvania
Thanks for the kind replies. I'll post some inside pictures tonight although it's not finished yet. I'm about half way through putting up reflectix and am really questioning how I want to finish it. After getting started, I'm not sure if I have enough skill to put on the interior covering. I found an upholsterer that will finish it with rat fur like fabric although they don't want to use the reflectix -- and I don't really want to use rat fur. I've been scouring the forums for other alternatives but haven't really decided where to head yet. I think I just need to sit inside and daydream a bit. If anyone has recommendations or a link to another post that would be especially helpful, please let me know.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #69

Washington
Quote:
Thanks for the kind replies. I'll post some inside pictures tonight although it's not finished yet. I'm about half way through putting up reflectix and am really questioning how I want to finish it. After getting started, I'm not sure if I have enough skill to put on the interior covering. I found an upholsterer that will finish it with rat fur like fabric although they don't want to use the reflectix -- and I don't really want to use rat fur. I've been scouring the forums for other alternatives but haven't really decided where to head yet. I think I just need to sit inside and daydream a bit. If anyone has recommendations or a link to another post that would be especially helpful, please let me know.
Hi Michelle,

We're going to stick to the reflectix and then will cover it with Hulliner. I got samples of Scamp's "rat fur" and also several Hulliner fabrics and the Hulliner wins. It isn't so "furry", has a bit of texture and has the stretchability to conform to the curves of our outfit. Here is the link to where we got samples from.

If you haven't already, have a look at one of Robert Johans' works here. He used reflectix and Hulliner, and everything else is just really well made also.

Best,
Slav
Old 06-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #70

Pennsylvania
Thanks for the info Slav. Do you have an estimate of how many linear feet would be needed for a 13' scamp? I can calculate it but I thought you might know. Have you seen any headliner fabric that looks more like leather or a quilted type fabric that would be suitable for covering the walls?

Tags
scamp