Relocated dump valve - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
One of the reasons i never used my toilet in the Compact II is the dump valve was right under the toilet on the back right hand side of trailer, a long reach to most dump stations on the left side. So I got some 3 inch abs pipe and a 90 degree elbow and ran it under the trailer to the left side. It is just behind the wheels so even though it sticks down a little there is no problem with travels on dirt roads which I do a lot of. I also added some leveling jacks I bought from J C Whitney to the back bumper and did away with the old pedestal jacks I had. The bumper is 3 inch steel channel and its welded to the 2 inch steel channel frame under the trailer so should be plenty strong for leveling. Right now the levelers are bolted and 1 u-bolt but when I get access to a welder I will weld them on.
Attached Thumbnails
mods_002.jpg  
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Good mods!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Those Compacts do present a different perspective with the door in the back over the bumper.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:26 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
This makes good sense to me. I can't see wanting to drag sewer hose under the trailer, or try to get into a one-way dump station the wrong way.

I don't see a need to weld the stabilizers on - I like the idea of being able to replace them, remove them for repair, or maybe move them (don't they drag in some places? - maybe the trailer overhang is so short it's not a problem). There are square-cornered U-bolts, which would be a tidier fit if you can find the right size, but the current setup looks fine to me.

Have you thought about mudflaps or other guards? Maybe I'm just used to the idea of lots of rocks on the road - my Boler came with a split in the front of the greywater tank from road debris. ABS pipe is tough, but not invincible.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote