Removable insulated floor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Removable insulated floor

I installed one of those lock together closed cell foam work out mats in my eggcamper over the Allure floor for insulation. It works great when I get out of bed now I can't feel the cold at all! I picked it up at Walmart for $19.00.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1447162159.754295.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	90405

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #2

New York
Registry
Removable insulated floor

Here's a better
Pic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1447162514.967636.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	90406

Old 11-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #3

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
That's a good idea. You could make it temporary and only install it when cold weather camping, bet it would help with the heating.

Do they make them with any color or patterns? I'll have to look.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #4

New York
Registry
Yes they do. I saw some in Kmart that where green and that where multi colored for play rooms.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 13.5 ft 1987
Registry
I did the same type of flooring earlier this year in my Lil Bigfoot 13.5. I found some wood grain pattern mats at Costco (also saw it for double the price at Canadian Tire). The flooring cost about $30 CDN and has weathered well for one season so far. I bought extra for replacements, which should be easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot Flooring.jpg  
John DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita
gym mats

Home Depot has the interlocking mats also. One long carpet and a small one in front of the door is all that it takes to complete the job on a Casita SD.
Attached Thumbnails
floor.JPG  
LK Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #7

New York
Registry
Well I guess great minds think alike!
Old 11-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John DM View Post
I found some wood grain pattern mats at Costco (also saw it for double the price at Canadian Tire). The flooring cost about $30 CDN and has weathered well for one season so far. I bought extra for replacements, which should be easy.
Looks good John,
Any chance there is any info for the manufacturer on the replacement packages? It would be interesting to see if we could buy larger sheets to do the floor as a single piece.

I've sent you a PM with my email addy, so you can send me photos of the packaging / product info. One of my pups would love it. He is afraid of the allure flooring as it can be slippery.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #9

Trailer: Bigfoot 13.5 ft 1987
Registry
In a previous post, there are links to a couple of different suppliers of the wood pattern matting. They are very comfortable and warm to stand on. The only drawback of these wood pattern mats is that the pattern is only a thin top layer, which may show more wear and tear than the solid color mats, which have about ½” of solid color.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...les-71197.html.
John DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #10

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1978 Burro
Michigan
interlocking mat floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkman View Post
I installed one of those lock together closed cell foam work out mats in my eggcamper over the Allure floor for insulation. It works great when I get out of bed now I can't feel the cold at all! I picked it up at Walmart for $19.00.
Attachment 90405

John that is one heck of an idea!! I have a bare floor in my newly acquired 78 Burro due to having to take out part of the floor near the door and replace it with more plywood and fiberglass.

I have been considering putting 1/2" styrofoam down and then an indoor/outdoor carpet like I did my Lil Guy Rascal but not any longer. Your idea will make it easy to remove the floor and clean etc inside with no problem.

I also priced some decent carpet remnants and they were around $75 or so. Throw rugs would help simplify things also.

I'm living in Upper MIchigan and we had 4 or more inches of snow overnight here. I'd like to get out of here soon and this idea of yours is just the ticket for me right now.

I still have door fit problems and think I will have to get back at that next spring.

Southwest or bust!
DuaneQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:03 PM   #11

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
I love this idea! Head room is a premium in our Scamp because I am 6'3" but I may sacrifice the space for this idea. We'll have to discuss this of course, but I love it!!!