removeable window film (for privacy) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #1

Name: Jim & Kathy
Trailer: Escape
Northern Colorado
removeable window film (for privacy)

we have a 2011 5th wheel scamp with a window over the sink (totally useless). The curtain is always in the way so we would like to replace the curtain with some removable window film.

The film needs to provide privacy (i.e. can't see in day or night). Anyone found removable window film for this purpose?

Thanks!
jrbowers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
Smile

Since I haven't decided on a window covering for my door window, I have used a thin piece of foam(the kind found at craft stores). I traced the outline and just cut it with scissors. I just pushed it in, and it stays put. If I want to see out I just grab the top and pull it down as much or as little as I need. One could even get creative and decorate it!
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
dennis did our outback windows (all of them) with such a tint---bought at walmart, or canadian tire, or similar style stores. i think the cost was less than $25 for the whole trailer. we've done 3 cars and also our friends' escape trailer too....works really well and is easy to do.
good luck!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
Big box home centers (home depot, menards if you have one, maybe Lowes which we dont have) have removable cling type window coverings, some with patterns (ie flowers, wildlife, stain glass look, or your regular smoke look), we put some up in our laundry room and lower half of bedroom windows. My Scamp has the privacy glass in that window and we have a Maxx vent over the opening part so we dont have any window covering. To be honest I dont know how reusable they are if removed regularly
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #5

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Home Depot sold a vinyl material with a little square pattern when I was looking for a little privacy on the glass to the bathroom. I found that one layer was fine for our purposes, but I'm sure two layers could be applied.

I do not remove it and removing it doesn't seem to be practical, but for privacy while admitting almost all of the light it is ideal for us.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #6

Name: Chris
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbowers07 View Post
The film needs to provide privacy (i.e. can't see in day or night). Anyone found removable window film for this purpose?

Thanks!
Ikea sold a film called Amorf Frost - that looked exactly like a frosted window, not sure if they still have it (not on their website), it works without glue. We use this in our living room that faces the street and it blocks "peekers" very well. Also look at 3M Fasara and this link: Wallpaper For Windows Brand- but have no experience with these.
chse is offline   Reply With Quote