Removing stove hood and Vertical side bar - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #1

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Removing stove hood and Vertical side bar

Can some one please let me know if I can remove the stove hood, it is also riveted to a chrome bar that is anchored to the side wall of the counter. If I remove the hood do I need to put the support back some how?
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #2

Name: Mel
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th wheel
Nova Scotia

Do not forget that side bar is there to help support the roof of a Boler and Scamps. I have had six Bolers and now 2 Scamps, a couple never had the vertical metal bars. Nothing happened but it could.
Mel Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #3

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Comeau View Post
Do not forget that side bar is there to help support the roof of a Boler and Scamps. I have had six Bolers and now 2 Scamps, a couple never had the vertical metal bars. Nothing happened but it could.

Thanks, I thought I had read a while ago that it was structural. I have taken it out to paint it and the upper cupboards are very floppy due to the lip being cut off to accommodate the hood.. I will be putting the hood back in attached to the side bar, it is just that the front of the hood protrudes out and it is hard to see the stove, not that we will be using to cook much, hope to cook mostly outdoors, but will need a coffee in the morning.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #4

Nova Scotia

From the other side of Canada, would be nice to see you and your Boler at the Boler and all fiberglass reunion in Nova Scotia next year in 2019.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Comeau View Post
From the other side of Canada, would be nice to see you and your Boler at the Boler and all fiberglass reunion in Nova Scotia next year in 2019.

That would be awesome, the plan is to get the boler and 51 Chevy finished for a cross Canada trip next year, slow going due to some health issues, but plodding along. What month is the reunion?
Old 08-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #6

Nova Scotia
Nove Scotia across Canada US reunion 2019

2019 Annual Maritime Vintage/Fiberglass Camper Meet
Public · Hosted by Keith Messenger
Interested Going, in River John,?
July 5, 2019 – July 7, 2019
Jul 5, 2019 at 1 PM to Jul 7, 2019 at 4 PM
Peaceful River Campground, in River John,?
120 MacIntosh Rd., B0K1R0 West Branch, Nova Scotia

Tags
vin