Name: Rick
Trailer: former Boler, now 1980 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
Hi,

For the Boler, I used standard access doors from an R-Pod, which were about 21 inches long and 11 inches high.

When I did the same project on my current Trillium 4500, I used the same size door for the driver side so that it would not run into the utilities. For the curb side I used a larger door, about 29 inches long and about 13 inches high. I could possibly have used the bigger doors on both sides, as it turned out.

The Trillium was even easier than the Boler, because the Trillium sides are flatter at that point and the doors went on without any flex at all. The only catch with the Trillium is that the rear bench seats are moulded in rather than screwed on like the Boler, so I could not remove them in order to do the job. It was no trouble anyway. Trillium pictures below.

Good luck on it.

Rick G

One more thing. The doors usually come in polar white, but I painted ours with Tremclad "RV White" spray paint before installing them, which matches the cream colour of the Trillium fairly well.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #16

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
You did all those mods to the Boler, then you sold it and got a Trillium. Now you're busily modding the Trillium... bad idea, because look what happened last time! It will cause you to sell another trailer! Cause and effect...

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #17

Name: Rick
Trailer: former Boler, now 1980 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
You did all those mods to the Boler, then you sold it and got a Trillium. Now you're busily modding the Trillium... bad idea, because look what happened last time! It will cause you to sell another trailer! Cause and effect...
Too true! Actually, I am thinking of selling my house. Our house now is great but does not have enough room for a "trailer farm" that I would like to have. When I retire in a couple of years we may sell the house to move to a warmer climate, and if so I will be looking for storage for 3 or 4 fibreglass trailers.

Seriously, we loved the Boler, both before and after we did the renos which made it much more comfortable. We only sold it because I wanted a wider bed, and my wife wanted a front dinette instead of the front double bunks. I was seriously considering emptying the Boler and rebuilding the whole interior so I could get the layout we wanted, but then the Trillium came along with the exact features we wanted. It only cost us about $500 extra to get the new trailer after we sold the Boler, and I like the extra 2 feet length as well.

However, now that the Trillium is more or less ready for our needs, I admit I am getting itchy hands. Last week I removed the seats on our 07 Chevy Uplander tow vehicle and installed 1997 Dodge Caravan seats that I modified to fold all the way back to form a flat bed. It was a fun project and made the back area almost as functional as my old Ford Aerostar.

Rick G.