Renos on my boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #21

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Laura,
What is holding the black rubber cover on the front? Is it one of those that is made for a car? I would love to do that to our Scamp if we could get one.
Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 AM   #22

Trailer: 2008 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Laura,
What is holding the black rubber cover on the front? Is it one of those that is made for a car? I would love to do that to our Scamp if we could get one.
Sandra
Hi Sandra
The rubber is attached with glue. It is not like a vinyl "car bra".
It was just a roll of rubber and I cut it to shape.
Laura
LauraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #23

Registry
Quote:
Great stuff Laura,
I have a quick question. Did you shorten the table by 3 inches to make it easier to get into the position of sitting down at your table ?

It's a little tight for me to squeeze beside the sink counter and behind the table without my legs hitting the table each time.

Just curious. I don't want to jeapordize bed size but I do want to make it easier to go and sit down.
Hi Eric
Yes, I shortened the table to make it easier to get in and out.
I mulled about doing this because I didn't want to ruin the table and also did not want to decrease the size of the bed, but I came up with a solution that actually works better than just the table. Now I wish I had done it years ago!
I added a strip of MDF (I think it is about 10" wide) across at the back under the window that is the same thickness as the table. I just cut it to length and shape and attached it with screws to hold it in place when travelling. It rests on the same lip that the table rests on. So, when you lay the table down the mdf makes the flat area larger than it was before.
The dog loves it because it is his own personal bridge between the two benches when the table is up ...
Laura
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #24

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Laura,
Nice concepts, nice reno's, nice documentation, nice travelogues.
Thank you for sharing.

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler
Quote:
I have updated my website with renos of my boler:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/lwebb16/Boler/

Click on "2006" to see this year's updates.
Looks awesome Laura!! I just bought my 72 Boler 1300 in May. first project is to replace the cushions. Found some awesome upholstery at Fabricland and now I'm just looking for foam. I'm wondering if you remember how much you paid for your foam from Labbe's and what density/thickness you bought...are you happy with it so far (comfortable)?

thanks for any info!!

Alysha
Alysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #26

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I am so impressed that you did all those yourself! I can only hope that someday I can be that handy! Keep up the good work and keep sharing the photos--you're inspiring!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #27

Registry
Hi Alysha
I can't recall exactly what I paid for the foam - maybe $100 for the back bed and about $75 for the front ... I did the back bed first, then decided to do the front bed too.
I bought the "best" foam as I have a bad back and need a good bed. It is awesome - every bit as comfortable as the bed in my house.
Hope this helps - if you call Labbe I'm sure they can tell you over the phone how much it will be.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #28

Trailer: 1975 Boler
I followed Laura's lead and went to Labbe but it was over $350 for it all. I do not remember the densities, but it was 20 year foam (daily use) on everything but the upper bunk which was more like 5 or 15 I do not remember. They do require old foam to use as a template(I would have given mine to you but I recently disposed of it). When I was there another Boler was getting done, if you are lucky maybe there will be somebody else doing it to.

Good luck, very impressed with Labbe.
David Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler