We started framing in the bench seats and the front couch/bunk. We still need to do framing of the cabinet and closet. We used plywood for the bench seat floors in order to make them easier to remove. We used carriage bolts with wing nuts to keep them in place. The bolts were drilled through the plywood and the floor. The wing nuts are probably not the best thing to hold them in place, but they are so easy to tighten if anything comes loose that it will serve its purpose. An added benefit is that if we eventually want to change the layout we are only 5 wing nuts away from having a blank template in the back half. We used regular washers underneath the trailer and rubber washers between the plywood and floor for moisture protection.
The front bunk/couch was framed in as well. We did not use the plywood in the front because it was such a small area that we would have ended up using the same number of wing nuts to keep it in place anyway (6). So when in doubt always keep the trailer as light
Next I began cutting out the wiring and installed the circuit breaker box. I was able to find a square d 100 amp 6 space breaker box at home depot, so that's what we went with, Even though we will only be using 2 of the 6 spaces. It also leaves us room to upgrade the 110 system for more accessories in the future. It also fit into my second rule, cheaper is better.
The wiring was surprisingly easy once we found out that we only needed two outlets for 110 and two outlets for 12v. We also had the fantastic fan on the 12 side as well as an exterior light
. I thought about an exterior outlet, but decided against it. If it really bothers me later I suppose I will have to add it.
To finish out the wiring concept we bought a 150 watt cup inverter to charge phones mainly but also for the laptop, refrigerator
(minimally) radio, and lights
. Rather than upgrade to a larger inverter we would simply minimize usage to lights
if necessary. That leaves one open dc outlet for phones.
We have a 100 amp battery
with a 30 watt solar panel
. It may seem mismatched but the battery
was yet again cheaper than a 50 amp so bigger was better. Between trips we will have at least 4 or 5 days so we are hoping that the panel will keep up with usage. 6 days of charging and 2 or 3 days of battery
use. The plan is to mount the panel to the roof of the boler
We continued working on sanding the exterior to get it ready to paint
. This seems to be the most boring task, so we try to only do a couple hours a day. We are also fiberglassing small holes as we find them when sanding ( from missing rivets or screws).
I think the pictures need up upside down this time. My apologies for that
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fiberglass RV mobile app