With summer upon us, we have made a lot of progress on our little renovation. Unfortunately I have not been able to take any pictures until now, and what is an update without pictures
First, the large patches. We had several large holes to be covered up, and I'm not exactly sure anymore what they were for. It looks like the circular one was to the water take. As we removed almost all the plumbing the circular one and the small square were patched shut. We did keep the city water intake which will probably be used minimally. We also closed off what I believe was the furnace
vent as we took the furnace
out. Going from tenting to rving has made us minimalists in some respects.
Now to some of the wiring. The wiring is finally done. Thankfully everything worked the first try and it passed our electrician friend's inspection. We did end up adding the exterior outlet because I just couldn't stop thinking about it. So we are now using three spots on our panel. We also added some colorful toggle switches to our 12v system, this way at night theoretically you can tell what you want to switch on and off by what color the toggle switch is. Per our friend's request we ended with all junctions in the cheap blue plastic electrical
boxes. A very easy and simple way to stay safe.
Moving on to the framing. We decided to leave framing of the overhead cabinets until after we put in the headliner, so all that was left to do was the closet by the door and the mini-bathroom. Results were mixed. The closet went just perfectly, and the bathroom went horribly, but they are both in. We did plywood for the bathroom walls which will be painted to give the interior a little color to go with all of the wood that will be in it.
We were also able to start adding the reflectix insulation, which makes the inside look so much better. I'm afraid that I can't remember the spray adhesive we used right now, so I will update that later, but it was a 3M brand.
, painting. Well, we tried to get it into the paint
shop several days this week, but things kept coming up on the shop's end. Deciding that it is time to get it done, we set the dates. To get it in is July 10th, and it should come back on July 12th. I'll leave one last before picture.
One last note is that the trailer lights
are being redone. We will be doing LED lights
instead. We will be keeping the running lights
That's about all for now. We'll keep chugging along. Happy Independence Day for anybody out on the road this upcoming weekend.