Replacement awning for Dometic 2500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #1

Name: Pete
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16' SD
Utah
Replacement awning for Dometic 2500

I have a 2003 16' Scamp with a 10' factory-installed Dometic 2500. This awning was never easy to use in the first place, but now it's getting downright balky. I would gladly try refurbishing it but I can't find instructions anywhere for doing so. Operating manual, yes. Installation manual, yes. Service manual, no.

So, I thought of replacing it with a Fiamm 45S, which was on another trailer we had (and we liked it). But, nobody has them in stock - probably because of the workplace shooting at their Florida plant a month ago.

So, can anyone recommend a 10' or 11' case model, crank-operated awning that might be a good replacement for this discontinued thing (Dometic 2500)?

Alternatively, does anyone know where to find a service manual and parts for the thing?

Thanks.
UtahPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:36 AM   #2

Name: debbie
Trailer: 2010 13' Scamp
North Carolina
Awning

I went through the awning issue myself. I finally was able to buy some replacement parts for mine through FIAMMA. I was going to order a new awning but it would have taken 3-5 weeks as FIAMMA manufactures to order. I have been studying several YOU tube videos on how to refurbish and when I am really ready, I have an awning fabric source I found on Amazon.

Sadly the man who I dealt with at FIAMMA, I believe was one of the shooting victims. His emails are not being returned. I need to make a call to FIAMMA to confirm. Not sure I am ready for that.
DEBBIEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Call Scamp

Scamp was selling and installing Fiamma awnings for older trailers and their prices were reasonable. But they may be having to source to another awning. I would give them a call. Whatever they use, you will more than likely have to buy their brackets.
I like the selections for 4X4 awnings but most of them are only 8" long which work great on a S-13. Another option others have gone with are bag awnings.
Also a lot of people have gone with and are happy with the Clam shelters. The green 1660 can be found for about $250.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:14 AM   #4

North Carolina
Gutter

The other item the previous owners installed above and below the awning on my casita was a flexible rubber rv awning Gutter- which nic MY diverts water away from every way and living area under the the awning.
Easy to apply taped on item. Works fabulous!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:16 AM   #5

Utah
Debbie, That was very sad what happened in Orlando. Thanks for your reply but it's the Dometic 2500 I need to repair or replace.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 AM   #6

Utah
Eddie, I didn't realize Scamp was starting to use Fiamma. I'll check that out. Also the other options you mentioned. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 AM   #7

North Carolina
I understand. There are several sources for DOMETIC replacement parts and instructions forvrefurbishing as well. A lot of companies carry generic parts for all. You just need to FIG.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Our '96 Casita 17 has the Dometic 2500 awning. It took us awhile to get familiar with operating it. The end caps are broken where it locks in place so I drilled a couple holes and use wire ties when it's closed. Have a plan to make a piece to lock the ends but haven't done it yet. Had to make a lock screw for one of the rafters. We like that it is fastened and sealed directly to the trailer, no brackets. I use it with the legs on the ground, stake them down, and if in a windy area a guy rope off the outer corners and deflappers halfway up the ends.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Awning Parts & Accessories
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Here's a source for fiamma parts and maybe awnings. They have more parts that are NOT on the web site. Call them with the part number.
fiamma | GoWesty Search Results

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning