Replacing windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 86 scamp 13’
California
Replacing windows

So I am just starting on a rehab project for my new to me 86 scamp and am curious if anyone has replaced the aluminum windows with vinyl or fiberglass?

I check out the aluminum ones that are currently installed and they are very easy to remove, just a ton in rivers to drill out. No biggie. I will be repainting the entire thing and fixing two cracks in the shell(might have had some tree damage, weird spots)

I believe I can get awning style vinyl windows that would be white like the new top of the scamp will be. I am not sure about the depth but they might stick into the scamp an extra 1” or so because the entire frame will most likely be on the inside and therefor leave the outside looking nice and flat.

As far as attaching the windows I was thinking of drilling through the flange on the widnows( 1/4” thick retrofit style flange) and either riveting to an additional trim piece of vinyl or aluminum inside or using SS screws and attaching to some wood trim inside. Any thought and suggestions are very welcome.
Mcat89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows