Restoring Carefree trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-22-2016, 12:52 AM   #15

Name: Gary
Trailer: Carefree
British Columbia
Thumbs up Hi Chris

Awesome work!
I have just started the very same project and would love any advice you have to offer. I have removed the furnace/closet/power supply from one side of the door and the hot water tank/holding tank from the other side. Next thing is the washroom…did you remove it with intentions of re-using any of it or did you just take the sawzall to it?? Appreciate any tips on this one. I might save the toilet if nothing else.
Also I would like to see any pics of the teardown…especially the ceiling if you removed it or are going to remove it, and of what you did in regards to the floor repair??? I will post some pics as soon as we get a dry day. Any advice/tips or warnings of what lies ahead are greatly appreciated and please keep posting the updates, it’s looking great!!!

Carefree Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #16

Name: chris
Trailer: CareFree
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree Canuck View Post
Awesome work!
I have just started the very same project and would love any advice you have to offer. I have removed the furnace/closet/power supply from one side of the door and the hot water tank/holding tank from the other side. Next thing is the washroom…did you remove it with intentions of re-using any of it or did you just take the sawzall to it?? Appreciate any tips on this one. I might save the toilet if nothing else.
Also I would like to see any pics of the teardown…especially the ceiling if you removed it or are going to remove it, and of what you did in regards to the floor repair??? I will post some pics as soon as we get a dry day. Any advice/tips or warnings of what lies ahead are greatly appreciated and please keep posting the updates, it’s looking great!!!
That's awesome I would love to see some pics! For the washroom I just ripped it out. Everything was so frail that it practically fell apart. The ceiling I left as it would be a big job to replace.

sch0enne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #17

British Columbia
Here is where I today. paint is pretty much done, all but one window has been re-installed, new vent installed. My main focus has been getting the thing waterproof so I can finish the inside.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:18 PM   #18

British Columbia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #19

Name: A
Trailer: Carefree
Alberta
Hi,
My husband and I purchased this trailer (with out the washroom) at the end of last fall and have been slowly working at it over the winter, still have a lot to do as this winter was so cold we didn't have a lot of opportunity to work on it. I would love to see pictures of your finished trailer? Also I see you used plank flooring for the wall, how is that holding up? I like the look of it but I've heard with the temperature change it can shrink and leave gaps... Thanks!!

Ehme01 is offline   Reply With Quote