Retractable AC main power cable - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Name: Brandon
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Retractable AC main power cable

Hello, I have a trillium 1300. right now, i pull my main 15 amp ac cable out of the hole, and when i'm done it gets shoved and stuffed back in there. Not that cool. I was thinking it would be nice to have about 15-20' available in a retractable cord reel (like in a shop, or a vacuum cleaner) I have the space to mount it, i'm just having trouble finding the correct cord reel for a decent price. Most have 13 amp breakers in them and cant support the power that could be required (I think) the largest wire i can find in them is 14/3. ideally id like 12/3 i think? just looking for opinions and if anyone else has such a thing.

I've considered just wiring up a plug, and then having a separate extension cable to plug in there, but i thought it would be more convenient and neat to do it this way.

BrandonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Hi Brandon,

If you do a little searching you'll find lots of posts about converting from a "stuff it back in the hole" situation.

Myself and many others have installed an exterior plug for the cable. Much more civilized and no danger of disturbing the wires on the converter etc.

Attached Thumbnails
17-09-2012 9-17-46 PM  004_resize.JPG  

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
A little searching
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook.
Thomas G. is online now   Reply With Quote