Rich and Ashley's Uhaul CT - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
Name: Ashley
Trailer: 1986 Uhaul CT
Thanks! From what I understand, the cushions are original (and in great shape!) so once I got the floor and curtains in, I realized it wasn't worth the work of reupholstering. We have the original curtains as well, but they are so faded and thin that I had to switch them out.. Not to mention adding a little bit of color into the space

Yes, a VT would be ideal.. We do a lot of dancing around each other in our CT, and I know it wouldn't be a huge difference, but I feel like it would be just enough so that we're at least not falling on top of the stove etc I haven't considered putting up a screen room quite yet.. It would be convenient to have the space, but I really like the fact that we have nearly no set up to do when we get to our campsite. The maple canyon trip is the only one (so far) where it rained enough to move us inside. We're big into playing outside as much as possible, and usually only use the trailer for naps and sleeping at night.

I'm already looking forward to next summer when we can start camping again! Due in May, so we'll see how many times we take the trailer out...

Tuanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #16
Name: Ashley
Trailer: 1986 Uhaul CT
Has anyone modified a CT to have a front setup like a VT? I'm really in love with the bunk/dinette option. The couch isn't practical for us and ends up just being storage, so I'm completely fine with making that a dinette, or even possibly just a bench/twin bed. The problem is I really don't want to lose the bunk bed!

So I guess my real question is: can a VT type hammock be added to a CT without harming the structural integrity?

Tuanis is offline   Reply With Quote