Ron's Scamp 13 F. B. mods - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Now add a table rail outside so that the original table can be used for an exterior cook surface.
Actually I didn't mind making a new table top because particle board is so heavy, so I won't be hauling it with me. I'm a fan of the Colin Chapman "add lightness" theory of building.

Bryon, yes we've set it up as a bed, no changes there except there's more support for the outer edge of the foam. Yes, there is a slight reduction in access to the port side of the table. That was by design with a greater emphasis put on more mattress support. The table will never be set with a banquet for six so it's no problem to lift the outer part slightly and slide in. Based on our years of using a cockpit table on our boat I'd be surprised if we ever use the full table, no problem either way.
Attached Thumbnails
10-12-2011 4-09-54 PM  0011_resize.JPG   10-12-2011 4-09-55 PM  0012_resize.JPG  

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
nice job, ron.

theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search