Today was a long day, and while I didn't end up with a lot of finished results, I made a ton of progress on a bunch of things which should all come together tomorrow.
One of the big projects was the bathroom door which started out with the weathering of the galvanized steel panels. I'll spare everyone the nauseating details, but in the end they ended up receiving a steel wool scouring and a bath that ultimately consisted of acidic toilet bowl cleaner, white vinegar, rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, baking power, Clorox, salt and lemon juice:
After marinating for a few hours the pieces finally had the patina I was looking for:
Parallel to this I worked on the door structure itself, building it out and getting the first coat of paint
Once the steel panels had dried I got them fastened to the sheets of luan and installed:
Tomorrow I'll do a second coat of paint
, install the hinges and get it installed... yep, gotta wait until then to see the final result!
In and among the door work I also got the door for the storage unit built, and got all of the FRP pieces cut for the facing. Last notable item for the day was the spare tire - I was apprehensive about having it secured through the shell as I anticipate taking the camper along some fairly rough service roads, so I decided to spend a little extra money and get a mount that secures to the back bumper:
I'm tired, my fingers ache and my back is sore... but psyched to get back at it tomorrow!